Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Adventurous once more

hrisHello once again and once more:
Chris has been busy with me again, and though I do have a little bit to
complain about, I think I have had a fantastic time. It all started that
day when we left for the dog walk in great weather, and then saw Daniel
driving up. I jumped into his car, we drove to somewhere I had never
been, and then we met so many people and another dog. I was not allowed
to play with her, because Chris says there are people who are afraid of
rough and fast dog play. Pity, she was such fun!
Then Chris put some food into the backpack, and then we all split up in
smaller groups. Chris and I walked away with Daniel, and there were
quite a few others in our group that I know and like loads. We stopped
and met Marcus, who inspired the folks to talk. And so in relaxed speed
we walked across the area, met people everywhere, who got the humans to
doo many more things. There was a bit of shady forrest there, too, but
Chri9s still would not allow me to run free, for she says that it was
not dog time. Why, I wonder, when there was so much to explore!
By the time it had gotten quite warm, Daniel took us with him, we got
into the car and he dropped us off at home, where we finally walked
another dog route.

The weekend was quiet, and so was work, and one of the work days we went
into a quiet room with the lady we don't have so much to do with. She
and Chris talked a long while, and when we were back at the desk Chris
said it was a good talk.

One evening on the dog route I met a very tiny little human. She wanted
to pet me, and I tried to sniff her out. Chris calmed me and said tiny
humans don't like wiggly wet noses. I tried my best to be still, but i
was surely fascinated. The tiny one put her hand into Chris', and then
they both petted me. I showed how I can bark, and the little one tried
to imitate us all saying "woof". By that time her mom had arrived, and
then we went our own ways.

One morning Micki came and kept us company. Chris and she moved the TV
and noise making and picture throwing boxes away, carried the TV table
downstairs and prepared lunch together, and took me for the walk, too.
And finally, after Micki had left, two men came and brought new
furniture. It smells different and looks different. And then Chris took
forever to attach cables and connect noiseakers to the right place so
they all interacted perfectly in making noise and throwing pictures. And
once that was done she was very proud of herself.

At night she and I went to the streetcar stop - not to go anywhere, but
to pick up yet another surfer. This time it was a lady who eventually
did not mind me giving her face washes. Chris and she talked a bit, and
then Chris had human food, and then she and I stayed in the livingroom
to sleep there.

The surfer lady stayed for one more night, and the next day Chris caught
up on sleep she had been lacking during the previous nights. She says
some bad news had come her way, and one of her close people is ill with
a disease she hates with a passion. So we keep fingers and paws crossed
and hope for the best.
I'll have to go now, for we have to go to work and leave the flying
smallballs to themselves, cheers, Quito.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home