Tuesday, October 15, 2002

Good afternoon friends:
Have I told you that the life of a dog can sometimes be boring? Currently I am not doing much. Yesterday Theresa was here, after a long time. I had only seen her occasionally, when she had opened her window and greeted Chris on her way to walk me, but Theresa had not been here for quite some time. So yesterday in the morning the two talked again and finally in the afternoon Theresa came over.
You are wondering who Theresa is? She is a ten-year-old girl from the neighbourhood. She was in fact the first person out of Chris¡¦ village I ever met. She picked us up at the local train station when Chris took me home for the first time after the first week of training. Since then Theresa has always visited or accompanied us on longer walks through the village. She likes playing with my ears, and she was the first person other than Chris who could put the signal jacket on me without me running away. So yesterday she was finally here again.

Khodadad was working, and for quite a while Theresa was busy petting me. Then Chris kept me busy playing with my chewing bone with me. She always throws it out in the corridor for me to take it back and so on and so on. And then I can chew on it and see how much I manage to take off the bone for this session. While I was doing that the two girls made necklaces out of paper clips. And when that got too boring, Theresa got the idea of messing around with my collar. First they put it on each other¡¦s necks, and then they made it as long as possible in order to use it as a belt. I was a little distracted, for I did not understand what my bell had to do on them. And then they tied their legs together, and finally Chris jumped around both her legs tied together. Heaven, will this girl never grow up?

And when we wanted to go on our afternoon walk, Theresa said it was too cold, so she did not join. Chris and the Shadow spent the entire walk talking about things I have no clue of, probably history or such things. History in my opinion is the talk of people long deceased, and I don¡¦t understand why it¡¦s worth talking about them, when you can¡¦t even dig out their bones for a nice meal anymore! Don¡¦t be disgusted, that¡¦s how wolves do it, and ask mom, she always is mad at Ajax for digging holes in her flower beds.

Today, for an odd reason, the Shadow stays in bed most of the time. I think it has to do with his awful headache. Chris and mom did some paper work in the morning, and now she is just sitting and doing nothing. Fortunately for her, it is not as cold now as it was two days ago, so she can enjoy her walks with me a little more. That¡¦s all I can do to entertain you for now, they have not gone out to the city with me, and I guess I have behaved well enough, so I will go back to sleep and wake up for more food in the evening, Yours, ever hungry, Hapooƒº

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home