Saturday, August 16, 2003

Hello to all of you out there…
That means if there is anybody left after my long writing break. I know I have to update you on a lot of things, so let me start a couple of weeks/days – or however long that time is – ago when Chris’ friend left and she and I spent a few days on our own at home, walking with grandpa Ajax and feeding the hens. Cousin Anne came to visit with her daughter and helped Chris clean the kitchen in preparation of Shadow’s arrival.

One of the next days Chris finally put me in the harness and we walked to the train station. The previous times she had made me work it was mainly the route to the post office, so this time it was really a pleasure to walk my favourite route. As we had almost reached the train station, there was a construction site on the road, and Chris asked somebody to help us find our way through, which he did. And then we went by three different trains, if I remember correctly. We stopped at a bakery, where Chris asked for a bit of coffee, and the lady took us to a standing place, where Chris seemed to enjoy her coffee and I took a little nap.

After another while of waiting Shadow arrive ed from I don’t know where, kissed and hugged my Chris and then we all left for the platform. Chris was really happy Shadow was back, I could feel that. And I guess he was happy too, but very tired. He slept on the trains home. In one we sat in a smokers’ compartment, where only one gentleman was sitting.

He fed me, made sure I had enough water, said goodnight and left. However, she did not sleep, but spent the next 2-3 hours talking with Shadow in the bedroom. I don’t understand why they did not talk in the living room or kitchen, which they mainly do. But instead they stayed in the bedroom. After quite some time I heard mom arriving from out of nowhere, but Chris did not get up to say hi, neither did Shadow. Finally they stopped talking, the house was quiet as always, and my day was done, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home