Friday, August 06, 2004

Hi all:
Chris thought I was sooo nice and caring when the following happened:
Yesterday, or maybe a few more days ago - Chris petted me, when Grandpa came and she had a treat for him. Grandpa is old and has trouble moving his back legs. So when he stands he likes leaning against somebody or something. I was there between Chris' leg and his back side, so he leaned against me. Chris encouraged me to stay where I was and praised me, so mom could pet him. And when Grandpa wanted to move on, he turned and licked my face. Chris hugged both of us for that.
True, I don't like anybody so close to me that I have to hold them, but with Grandpa it is surely something different. Chris now keeps me on leash all the time, so I don't run and snap at his ill legs so he falls. I only want to play with him but Chris tells me not to! Somebody understand those humans. I am a little sad, because I love my Grandpa.
You know that he is not what humans call a grandpa, but he is my mentor and teacher. He shows me interesting places to sniff, tells me that eating grass and playing is fun, and when we see a wild animal, both of us run like crazy to catch it. He also taught me to open doors, much to Chris' disliking.
Well there we are, that's my Grandpa. Cheers for now, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home