Sunday, February 19, 2006

My new trick

Hi all:
Chris finally tickled me out of my winter lethargy. After I had stopped
dragging my feet so badly on our walks, she has brought out the clicker
more often.
We did this game of me walking through her legs from the front to the
back, and then coming to her front again around either her right or left
leg, to finally sit down in front, facing her. I like doing her right
side, but I don't like the left all that much. However, the treat that
walks ahead of my nose does the trick. And when I sit at the correct
spot, I'll get it, preceeded by a click, of course.

I have also started getting the syringe treatment again, where she puts
something in a bit of water, waits and stirs until it's all just water,
puts it into the syringe and then into my mouth. I really don't mind. In
fact, I even come when I hear her stirring the stuff.

This morning I really felt good. Chris sat me down near where her hat
and my leash and signal jackets are. I wanted to pick up the rope, but
she said it's too muddy for the rope. So she showed me to pick up her
hat. I did that, click and treat.
Signal jacket - click and treat.
Collar and leash - click and treat.

Then, as she got dressed, she gave me the command to take something she
held in front of me. It was her left glove. I held it for just one
second. She pulled out her hand and slipped it right back in - click and
treat.
That was such fun, and both of us were so so enthusiastic.

By lunch I was doing the right glove, though I prefer the left one. And
the last right glove I did, she said I had just the right grip, not too
soft, not too hard. Cool, eh?
I thought I'd share this one, it's funfunfun - cheers, Hapoo the smart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home