Monday, February 13, 2006

Yesterday's trouble

Hi all:
I thought we had it well, both Chris and I, until yesterday.
You know, I have been making it clear that I didn't want to walk longer
than necessary on my hapoo walks. That has worked well until yesterday.
Whenever I had finished with my business, I indicated that I wanted to
go back, and we did.
Not so yesterday. Yesterday Chris dragged and dragged me along - I mean
I dragged my feet and clearly showed her that I was *not* fond of her
walking idea. Then we crossed the street, and I twisted my leash around
a sign post. Chris had to help me unwrap that stupid thing. But instead
of doing it all by herself, I had to figure it out myself for the most
part <rrr> no fun, no fun!

I kept dragging my feet some more, until Chris had enough. She stopped,
flicked the leash forward and told me to go. I did, but then I stopped
and dragged my feet some more. I didn't want, okay, get it?

No, Chris didn't get it. She sat me down, squatted beside me and gave me
hell for wanting to go back so insistently. Now I'm asking you who is
insistent! Another rather hard leash flick followed, and Chris started
jogging beside and behind me, hopping me up all the time. And when she
was exhausted, she still kept walking, making sure I was in front of
her.

I have to give it to her, when I ran well without feet dragging, she
stopped, played the touch her hand game and made the clicker click and
had a treat ready for me - but man, when I don't want to walk!!

Are dogs not allowed to talk back or what? Today we walked the same
route, and she only had to talk to me once before I gave up.
Anybody with some better news? Cheers, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home