Sunday, December 11, 2005

update of all sorts

Hi all:
You know that Hapoo is in the kennels now, so I am writing to keep you
informed of my activities. Thursday morning we had breakfast as always, I
walked Hapoo, and then mom and I took her to her usual kennels. When Hapoo
saw where we were going, she jumped up on mefrom the back. She only doesthat
when she really doesn't want to do what she is supposed to.

So I took the time and took her to her kennel herself. There is a wooden
platform right by the door, where she loves to sit, stand and lie and look
out through the wired gate. We had put her blanket down there, and after a
little while I told her to jump up on that bench. And once she was calmly
on, we left her. She was allright from then on, she didn't howel or
anything, just a few dry woofs to see if somebody came to let her out.

Then I had another nice time at home, cleaning up and packing my suitcase
with my mom's help. It's nice to run around without a dog in your way all
the time, anciously following every move you make. I could also leave all
doors open, another short dogless time bonus. For the first time in ages I
managed to clean my apartment, sort out all the trash and vacuum before I
left.And today we went for a really long walk in the beautiful warm sunny
weather, on the beach of the Pacific Ocean. Shadow even found nice-looking
seashells that he picked up for me and him. And at night we went out to have
dinner again, because we saw some of Shadow's friends.

And guess what, the folks in the restaurant forgt to bring my pizza. So I
shared with Shadow and two other folks, and that was fine with me.

I really enjoy the sun of California, I hope it'll staay for much longer. In
the meantime I wish snow for you in Germany, so you have something to look
forward to when you go on your runs. And I bet the nice folks at your kennel
will find you a good play-mate!

I'm off this Hapoo business for now. Have a wonderful time wherever you are,
cheers, Chris:-)

At night, after a nice coffee break with mom and a final shower, I
accompanied her to a meeting she had From there we went to the city to gass
up, and then hit the road. Two hours of speeding rather than driving, and we
rrived at the sister's house.

Hapoo my dear, this is the first time I missed you. Your bddy, the sister's
dog, was waiting at the gate. He didn't bark at first. And when he attempted
to, I just hushed him with a quiet word. Sister let us in througbh the main
gate, and then she let your buddy off his leash. And guess what he did: He
came running with a ball for me to throw. But sorry buddy, it was too late.
So he just got a scratch on the head and that was all.

The next morning mom, sister and I went to the airport. We had a cup of
coffee, looked at a shop or two, and then sister and I went to check in
before returning to mom. Mom was really tired. She hadn't eaten any
breakfast, because she was to be examined on her stomach later on. Sister
then took me to a nice spot near the door where I'd be boarding the plane,
and then she left.

Both my flights were uneventful, and all the hosts were nice. In Shadow's
country, the USA, where all folks speak English, I was pushed all the way in
a weelchair. I didn't want to, butg the lady insisted. Allright, so she had
to push some 140 pounds of me around the airport, until Shadow came and
greeted me. From then on I was allowed to walk on my own again.

Shadow had rented a car to pick me up. We went home first, so I could take a
shower and sleep a little, and then we went out to have dinner.

--
GMX DSL-Flatrate 1 Jahr kostenlos* + WLAN-Router ab 0,- Euro*
Bis 31.12.2005 einsteigen! Infos unter: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home