Monday, March 06, 2006

An update from before

Monday, Feb 27, 2006
Hi all:
I think I deserve to brag a little. Two days ago when we were still at
home, mom came back, and I behaved really good. I didn't make too much
noise when mom came, but I sure wanted all the cuddles that she hadn't
given me in the past week and 2-3 days. We sat down together, mom
unpacked her things, and Chris prepared supper for the two of them. Mom
says the food was good, and even Chris liked it. She says Shadow had
told her what to do. And then they sat and watched TV before Chris just
went to bed. I tried to tell her that she hadn't fed me, but she didn't
listen. So I went to bed hungry and just got a few pieces of sliced
carrot every now and then.

Yesterday in the morning we went out, and then mom came to have
breakfast with Chris. And then Chris played computer.
But after that she started running around like she only does when she
packs her bags to go on a trip. I followed her from a distance, so she
wouldn't get mad at me, and she really didn't. See, I'm learning things
even in my old days. But I was really glad to see that a lot of Hapoo
food, and even a few treats, made it into Chris' huge bag, along with
her computer. I think this girl doesn't go anywhere without her
computer! Good for me, so I can write a few lines, too.
Sure enough, after lunch I got to run and roll in the snow a little, and
then we went to the train station with mom and the car. Mom put us on
the train, and we stayed there forever. But I had a lot of space for
myself, so it wasn't all that bad - plus Chris gave me a little chew
treat.

When we got off the train, I slipped between train and platform. A man
lifted me up, so I could go ahead and walk, and Chris could continue to
climb down the train steps. We walked through a crowd of people. Chris
didn't have time to let me guide proper, because we had to hurry to get
our next train, but she held on to the harness handle, so I could at
least indicate some guide work, and that is fun, too. We then arrived at
the next train, bt despite the mis-step at the previous one I just
jumped in and that was it.

That train was not at all as nice and spaceous, but we didn't stay on
for long anyway.

And when we got off, a nice lady greeted us and took us to the big car,
where I have enough space to sit between the seat rows. I really like
that. And when we got off the car, they immediately took me out for a
run. We walked a little, and then Chris let me off leash to run and roll
in the snow and jump and bark, and do my business, of course. I think I
was a good girl. We went into the room where Chris put down the bags and
gave me water, and then we went downstairs, where only Chris got
something to eat. She did a few more things downstairs that I don't
remember, and then we went back upstairs. I know where the elevator is,
but we also have stairs. I do like the elevator, though, and sometimes
Chris takes me there. And whenever I find that elevator door, I get a
click and a treat. And only just before she went to bed, Chris gave me
my food. And when I was all stretched out on the floor by the door, she
gave me many cuddles, which was surely very very nice.

This morning we went for the Hapoo walk with another lady, and I got to
run and play off leash again. Then Chris sat at breakfast forever, but
slowly people started to arrive. I like new people, but I think I have
seen them before.
And then came the other dog, a female. Sorry, you don't sniff me from
above when I am nicely lying under my chair, because I am the boss, hear
me? Well I voiced my claim, and our handlers made us both back up. But I
sure intimidated that old girl. Chris says it's a nice GSD lady and I
should behave around her, but I don't want!

And I think from now on we are into a routine of sitting and speaking
English, collecting papers to distribute, having food, going for Hapoo
and people walks, sitting down for English and papers again, taking
another break and having more food and walks. And Chris does most of the
talking.
I like our room, I can have all the space on the floor that I want, and
nobody runs back and forth, and I have Chris all to myself, except when
she talks on the phone that is.
Allright, I'll tell you when there's more to tell, Chris wants the PC.
Cheers, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home