Tuesday, May 01, 2007

The beach walk

Hi all woofers and humans:
Have I told you that a few days ago we went to the beach again with the
city train? At first it was as usual: We took the car to the station and
then the city train. Of course, it was my task to guide Chris through
the entire station up to the right platform. We got off at the beach
place which was crazy and crowded. So mom helped us cross the square.
Once on the beach walk, Chris and I walked on our own, sometimes
following mom and sometimes taking the lead. There was one dog that I
wanted to greet, but Chris, as always, reminded me to stay focused. And
of course, mom told on me and warned Chris of dogs ahead of us, so she
could keep a close eye on me. But on the way back from looking at the
boring and cold water we took a different route, walking through the
beach city and crossing streets and al that. At one point I had to walk
right through two dogs, and to Chris' surprise I did extremely well.
And back on the train platform the train came in and we still had plenty
of time, so Chris went ahead to show me the button of the doors. You
know, train doors have no handles, but buttons that the humans can push.
So I have to learn to find those, too. And whenever I stopped right in
front of one, Chris made the dor open and gave me a treat. You know, I
love it when a door opens, because a door always means that I can look
what's behind it.
A woman wanted to help Chris and open the door for her, but Chris
managed to stop her just in time for me to be successful, and she told
the lady that we were just training. She also told mom that she was a
good background coach giving her just the right amount of information
and staying back nicely. I have always said that mom is great!
So I do think I am up for new tasks, for Chris lets me guide her a lot
more these days, and I do get rewarded when I stop at curbs and announce
steps correctly. I especially like to ignore the ones down, it is so
easy. But stopping in front of them is nice, too, for that makes a click
and a treat <yummm>
Cheers for now, I will tell you all about Chris' and mom's and my latest
adventures soon, cheers, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home