Wednesday, December 12, 2007

when displaying routines fails

Hi all:
I thought I was a good girl trying to anticipate what Chris was doing next, so we could move on quickly. But this morning she really got me surprised.
Allright, at first I showed a light pole instead of a traffic signal pole, but Chris was ot angry about that. We crossed the big big crossing perfectly, moved around the corner, and then I turned left and stopped to cross the street. Chris thought differently and made me walk on. I walked two steps, stopped dead and turned left, even though cars were dashing by. Chris commanded forward, I did the same. She showed forward with the leash, I did the same. Oho, I shouldn't have done that, she sat me down and told me to stop it. We walked some more along the wrong side of the street until Chris finally gave the okay for me to cross the street. I was to walk slowly, not to run - allright.
 
Having arrived on the other side of the street, Chris walked towards the right with me first, then had me stop, do a turnaround and walk right back. We walked back until I walked straight without hesitation. And then we turned back again to continue towards work.
When we arrived at the street where I usually do the diagonal crossing coming from work, Chris made me turn and cross the street in an apropriate manner, meaning straight to the other side. Then I was allowed to walk on to work, and I cleared Chris of all the obstacles that were there. She even praised me on the way and we played a little, and then we walked on. Chris says that once things were sorted out about who had the final say, I was a good girl.
 
But there was something else I did: I spotted Petra and ran through half of the room to greet her. I was quickly called back to my bed by Chris, who wouldn't tolerate tis puppy-like behaviour. Petra had a good laugh, ignored me for a while and only petted me then. But hey, there were many more people petting me, how I love it! Even Anne did when we sat in the cafeteria after the big run was gone.
 
And in the afternoon Chris was really happy about my work. With her help I crossed the street allright, without the diagonal, found all traffic lights, avoided a small construction side, cleared Chris of a bicycle rider and took her home allright. But when she was cleaning the stairs, the boy from upstairs came with his dog, and she petted the dog, a GSD named Dana. Chris says she is not nice towards woofers like me, and despite my loud protesting I stayed behind the door until Chris had finished cleaning and came back inside. She herself says she had a rater busy day at work but she is happy with the results. Cheers, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home