Sunday, March 01, 2009

car rides and strange forks

Hi everybody:
I cannot really tell why Chris all of a sudden decided to go on a journey with me. There was no suitcase out this time, just the backpacks we go to work with. And in the morning Petra the colleague waited for us downstairs. That was when I knew something was not as usual, plus Chris had both backpacks on her shoulder. Usually it is either one or the other.
We went to work by car, and then changed into another car, where I had the back all for myself. Petra had organized for the bags to go into the other car's back, so I had enough space for myself. But it was cold and uncomfortable back there, until Chris gave me her jacket to lie down on. Usually I don't lay down on her clothes, because they aren't my place, but I think that time she did not mind, otherwise she would not have passed it on to me.
 
We got out of the car a few times. That was when Chris handed my leash over to other people, and before I knew it Petra and she had left, probably for the bathroom or so. She always returned, but I still was not very relaxed about her disappearing. After all, at least one has to watch that nothing happens to her when mom isn't there.
 
After a really long car ride we arrived at a hotel. However, I was not given much of a break. The ladies only put their bags down, and then we went somewhere by car again. Chris says they were trying to find a place to eat something, at which they weren't successful. Restaurants around a place called Dortmund seem to close around lunch time - strange, since I had always thought lunch was a human time for eating!
 
Then we arrived at a gate, through which we were not able to pass. Back into the car, drive around, try yet another gate, the same thing. Drive around one more time and then finally meet up with somebody who first gave the humans cards like Chris has at work. The man got to hold my leash while Chris and Petra gave a machine money to eat, which was registered on the card somehow - too complicated for me. We then walked upstairs, where two other people greeted us. They asked where I was, and Chris showed me to them.
 
I was put under the table, where I really lad lots of space to sleep, and the humans talked. They told the strangers how hungry they were, and a little while later they were presented with lots of food - none for me, of course, but I think I behaved well all the while, though everything was strange and new around me.
 
The humans took forever to talk, ask and explain. They were joined by another stranger for a while. Chris says he was the big boss of that place, and she had fun listening to him, as he was on the verge of bursting with words.
 
It was late in the evening when we went outside. There was not much green space outside, but one strip of grass, where I got to do my small business. I hadn't gotten any food until then, and I was to wait until much later. For now the humans got into the car with me and we went back to the vilage where the hotel was, searching for dinner food for the humans. We found a restaurant, where the chef was sent back into his kitchen to prepare Schnitzel for all thirteen humans, and I got some water. Some of us, including Chris and me, walked home, while the others took the cars. Outside the restaurant I spotted a big fat cat, and oh I so much wanted to chase that critter up a tree. Chris held the leash tight, and as much as I tried to run and dance at my end of the leash, she just calmly kept a firm grip and only released the stopper when I didn't see the cat anymore. And then I was allowed to sniff and explore. Finally, when we were at the hotel, I got my food, chrled up on my mat, which again was Chris' jacket, and slept.
 
Allright I think I will tell you about the strange forks in another email, I am afraid this one will be too long otherwise.
Cheers, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home