Monday, January 05, 2009

the snowy new year

Hi all:
I know I have to update you, but before I do, I hope you have had a great start into the new year. I surely had a weird one, but I will start telling you all about it from the beginning. I will probably update you in two mails, for otherwise it would be too long.
 
One night Chris and I went outside in the middle of her work, and we met the friend Bianka who is quite a nice person. She came upstairs with us, and then all the three of us walked home.
Chris and I didn't go to work for a few days, but then we did, and Bianka joined us. I don't think she was bored, as she was hammering away on her tiny keyboard.
the next morning the streets were so quiet that the major traffic light immediately switched to green when Chris pressed the button. And at work there was a nice breakfast set up, and there were not many people and not too many phone calls either. So Chris and the man who was our backup talked, and I was allowed to go ask for pets and to lie down at his feet after having received a lot of pets. We went home earlier than usual, and the friend greeted us at the apartment door. Chris loved that a lot. And since there was some time left until we had to take a taxi, Chris brought a smaller bag from on top of the wardrobe and packed that one instead of the larger one. And then it was time for the taxi to take us to the train station, and from there we took the train to the friend's home.
 
Her mom met us at the train station, and we walked home. I was allowed to walk the route on the flexible leash, that was fun. Chris says it was cold, but I didn't care. We spent the evening at the mom's place across the corridor, where the ladies had fish, there was a Christmas tree and what they call Christmas music. And Chris gave away presents and got a mug, too, a square-shaped one she quite likes. The was relieved when she found out that the friend was happy about her present from Chris as well.
 
At the service center, at work that morning, a friend had made Chris promise that she'd bring something nice for me to chew, and she kept her promise, for I received a nice chewing bone. I kept that for that night and even a bit for the day after, it was great fun. Christmas is the time where all humans give presents to one another and have Christmas trees in the middle of their rooms. No dog is supposed to touch them or eat the chocolate off the twigs. Are there woofer Christmas trees with bones and yummy treats and cow feet and chicken necks, I wonder?
 
the days that followed were pretty quiet and uneventful, just the friend got a little ill and decided not to fly away. And that meant that Chris and I stayed at her place for longer than expected, and that meant that she had to go Hapoo food shopping. I am not a picky eater, I will eat just about any food, as long as it's food. I hope the friend liked our company and that was the reason why she felt better soon. Chris admits that she had to remind the friend to drink a lot and keep herself warm, but she obeyed very nicely.
And the snowy part follows soon, I have to go to sleep now, cheers, Hapo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home