Sunday, January 11, 2009

When it hits you...

it really comes down on you all at once.
 
Have I told you that life with Chris is not boring?
This morning she stood in front of her wardrobe again and tried on a piece of clothing H had not seen her wear in ages. t is that particular thing she wears when we go to the sea or the lake - which, again, we have not done in years. She tried it on, was satisfied and took it off, pulled out a large towel and stuffed them both into a plastic bag. Then she went about her usual lazy day business, which meant having breakfast, watching sports TV and sometimes talking on the phone.
Then mom came, Chris put my flexible leash on me, and the three of us left. We arrived at cousin Anne's place, where I ran around in the kitchen and sniffed out everything. Then suddenly, as the man gave me pets, the door closed and Chris was gone. It all happened so fast that I couldn't even protest or run to open the door. Besides, through the window I had spotted a cat and chased it away with my scary appearance, so it did not bug me again.
The man gave me scratches and food and let me run outside in the yard. Well that was wonderful of him, because I could toss and turn and roll in the hard frozen snow and runrunrun as much as I wated. And finally, after he had picked up the little girl who is not so little anymore, he and I settled down to watch TV. When finally after hours Chris and mom and the cousin returned, he let me see who was at the door, and I jumped up at all the three of the ladies and ran around them in circles. Chris smelled of something I had never smelled on her before. She says it is the clorine they use to keep the indoor lakes clean, and that she had a great day in the saunas and the large pool. The saunas would have been too warm for me, and I would not have liked the pool, that much is certain. Chris must have had a lot of fun there, for she calmly let me run in the backyard again, and mom also came and we played runrun, and I rolled in the snow some more. Finally Chris put me on leash, and we took the car home.
 
It seems we also have a new neighbour. Chris rang the doorbell and the lady was really nice. Chris asked her to take her replacement key and do something on one of the days while we are at work. And the lady didn't even seem to mind me. Cool, isn't it? Maybe I get to know her a little better, it is never bad to have one more friend.
Allright, but I must tell you that I am happy to be back home, even though mom is gone. Chris says we will be back at work tomorrow, and I'd better finish the post, because she wants to sleep. So goodnight everyone and sleep well under the full-moon sky, Yours, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home