Friday, March 06, 2009

a few busy days

Hi everybody. Chris is becoming more and more spontaneous, and I have to go along, of course.
One day at work she was teaching the friend Silke English, when Silke received a phone call. After that she told Chris something about a visitor who seemed to be quite an interesting person. So Silke invited us to join them for a coffee. Chris had to do something else, but then we walked into the kitchen, Chris got herself a coffee and then joined the man at the table and talked with him. The talked in English until Silke came with another man, and then they switched back to German. They talked some more, and then Chris ran to leave work with me. She said she had to do quite a lot of things. The big boss offered us a ride home, which Ghris gratefully accepted. Back home she left my signal jacked and collar on me, and disappeared in the kitchen. It smelled like fruits from then on, so I gathered she was preparing a huge fruit salad. When the doorbell rang, it didn't take long and Silke arrived to help with the salad.
 
Then we all got into Silke's car, and we met the two men from the afternoon at a car parking place. We ended up at the steak place where we have our favourite table, and the folks already know us there. I get water without Chris having to ask for it, and they are really nice. The four humans talked, and I could tell that Chris had a good time. I think that both men liked me a lot, but they also respected Chris' no pets in harness rule. We got home quite late, and Chris just fell into bed.
 
She did not sleep for too long, looked at her watch, got up and went into the kitchen, where she spent the time finishing most of her fruit salad. Then we went outside for our morning walk, she had breakfast, and we went to work. We stayed in the back room that day, and Chris wrote something on the PC. Silke joined, and Manu, another coleague, so it was good to be back there again. At one time I barked at people, because I had missed them coming and going, and I thought I had to say something. We left work early, because Chris was so so so tired. We got home and she fell into her bed. When she finally got up she again worked on her fruit salad, got ready, and finally we were picked up by the colleague. We saw the two men at work as we were walking upstairs, and Chris said that they were really tired. At work there were so so many people, it was just incredible. We walked back and forth a little, talked to people and stood in a flock for photos. Finally somebody said that Ilka was late, so Chris took the chance to take me for a walk. O what relief, run free and enjoy freedom! chris put the harness on me, I walked her straight past the entrance, so we could go home. Unfortunately, she made me turn around, gave me pets and back we walked to the madhouse. Chris took care of me, however, we went to the back room, picked up my mat from there, Chris put it down at the usual place in the front room, and I plopped down on there to relax. She gave me pets, and soon Daniel in the permanent chair joined, and Stefan, his friend. He sat on the floor with Chris and me and gave me really relaxing pets. With that treatment I managed to gather my strength and walk back to the craziness of millions of people. Finally Ilka arrived, greeted by cheers and music. As she walked past us, she quickly scratched my head and then walked on. I found out then that it was Ilka's farewell party, and everybody had arrived, even moms with tiny tiny babies. Hans, the big boss, gave a speech first, and Chris says she didn't expect him to be so funny and cheerful and energetic. And then Ilka said something as well, and then Petra took us to collect fod. Chris  stood at a table and with various people who talked to Chris. I lay at the door right behind her, so I was out of people's way, close enough but with my back to the wall. We then changed tables, talked a little more - well at least Chris did and I got the occasional pet. Finally we left, we were not the only ones. It is amazing how mich Chris is sleeping these days, she says that way she is prevented from feeling too much stress, and her body only takes what it needs.
Allright, and Chris and I need to go back to work tomorrow, that's for sure. Yesterday we went to a room I don't recall ever having been to. We went into the tower room, where we met the two men again, who presented some human things. I slept under the table, where I really had enough space, and then Chris made sure that the men got some food. I think now things are going to slow down a little, that is really nice. Have a good weekend everybody, Yours, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home