Saturday, March 28, 2009

a really interesting little trip

Hi all:
This morning Chris was in a strange mood. At first she had trouble getting out of bed, for she felt lazy. But once she had gotten up and given me my good morning pets, she started her morning routines, which this time did not include breakfast. Strange, for she always claims that breakfast is her favourite meal. Well, she does often take me for the Hapoo walk before breakfast, so this is what it looked like this morning. But after the morning walk she still didn't have breakfast. She did a few things and ran around, walked towards the apartment door finally and called me. I was not sure what she wanted, but she held the harness in her hand, ald so I was sure we'd go to work.
 
We left the apartment, but instead of going right through the tunnel and then up towards the street, she made me turn left and I started walking. If we go that way, we usually end up at the grocery store with mom. And this is where we went, this time just Chris and I.
 
She was pretty proud when I found the entrance and calmly walked through. She spotted a cash register and asked for assistance, which arrived very shortly after.
 
The man who was there took mom's place at Chris' right, told her what was there and helped her pick up things and choose them. She says he did a great job, once he knew what shopping was all about for Chris. He selected good fruits and vegetables, even helped Chris remember to buy some pasta, and she loved going through the store so quickly. At the cash register he packed her bag while she was paying, and we were out really fast. Chris was quite happy, I could feel that.
 
Then it was my difficult task to find the way back. At first we took the wrong route, but Chris remained calm. We returned to the entrance, and from there we set off again, and this time we found the right way, which a man confirmed to Chris. I knew the rest of the route, Chris trusts me with that. I stopped at all curbs and steps, and she said I really did a great job.
 
I think we both did a marvelous, fantastic, outstanding job, and it was quite a lot of fun. Chris says I was very alert, I even looked out for the people on the other side of the road, so nothing would happen to us. Of course, when mom or any other of the friends aren't around, I am in charge of Chris, and I have to make sure nothing happens to her. I think I am turning into a pretty decent watch dog. I watch a lot!
Cheers for the moment, Yours, very satisfied, Hapoo.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Daniel said...

congratulations, i think you and Chris be a great Team! If you need a naviagtion help in future, the man on wheels not far away. have a nice weekend!

4/4/09 20:50  
Anonymous Hapoo said...

Yippee, Mr Wheels, can we run together one of these years, please?

16/4/09 22:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home