Tuesday, March 17, 2009

an unexpected encounter

[A post from a few days ago]:
Hi all woofers and humans:
It is so generous of Chris to let me type on this computer so early. She is awake, and so the PC has quickly been carried into the bedroom - after all, it is so small that even i could carry it, if only she let me!
 
Well one of the past days at work Chris was sitting not far from Daniel, the man with the almost permanent seat on weels attached to him. She says she had trouble working while he was there, because talking with him was a lot of fun. He said she should come for dinner with him at night, but she was not sure yet. The working day passed, and we really went out at one unusual time after having arrived at home. Daniel was there to pick us up. We didn't drive for long, but then Daniel left his seat and walked with the help of two additional legs that he controlled with his hands. Weird stuff humans come up with, I tell you.
Anyway, that worked, and finally we arrived at a human food place, where I got some water, too, while the humans, Chris and Daniel and two other people I didn't know, had food. They talked a lot until we simply left. A short drive, and we were back home. chris says she is glad she went for this nice change of routines.
 
The next day then after work we went out in the rain, and right after I had gone for my Hapoo walk in the deserted car parking place, Silke came up with her car, and we drove to the city. Apparently Silke was not happy with Chris' choice of restaurant, but she gave in and we went to a place I had never been to. Again the ladies talked and talked as soon as they were sitting down. They did not order any food for a really long time, but I got water, of course.
 
Finally for a first surprise, I saw mom and sister Suse. O I really wanted to sing for mom, but this time she just gave me a quick hello pet and then disappeared at the other side of the table beside Silke. they still did not order any food, but instead the door opened again and somebody else entered. I couldn't believe my nose, eyes and ears, that was Shadow! Shadow? Is there anything I missed?
 
You remember Shadow, right? He is the one and only human I know that was following Chris everywhere for a long time, Chris says almost six years, which is more than half of my life so far. Shadow was not in the mood to say hi to me, instead he disappeared oposite mom, and Suse took the place beside me and Chris.
I don't like Suse much, so I tried to get Chris to pet me. Too bad, for now they started ordering food, and when that came, there were not all that many pets left for me. So I lay down and watched. The humans talked, but I don't think Shadow made an effort to start following Chris everywhere again. He was tired, he said, and I think he was glad that Silke agreed to take the three of us home by car. Whenever we are with Silke, I can run free a little. This time it was really just a little, but enough for my needs. There was the tiny dog Gorki in mom's car, but Suse didn't let him out, so I gave in and hopped into the car. Shadow was sitting beside me - he never did that before.
I'll tell you more about Shadow later, cheers, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home