Tuesday, December 22, 2009

cold cold days

Hi everybody:
You know by now that this past weekend was one of the coldest we have come across in a while. Mr Wheelchair Daniel had invited Chris to watch football with him. Apparently that was not on TV, but at courtside or however you call it with football. Sorry, I am more familiar with tennis vocabulary.
Chris and I got up really early, because outside there was a huge car. She looked at the outside temperature and found that it was -10° celsius. She decided that she didn't want to come out of the football watch as Frosty the Snowman, so later she called Daniel to say that we weren't coming.
Had I known that I was to be dropped off at Basti's place (Daniel's family dog), I would have cheered there and then.
 
So we stayed at the heater and got roasted, as Chris calls it, until she received an SMS from Daniel inviting her for coffee at his parents' place. It was really cold in his car when he picked us up. I jumped in like a rocket and gave him a huge happy kiss. I am allowed to kiss Daniel, because he has accepted that that is my means of communication. Chris still cannot be convinced that licks are good.
 
Basti greeted me, and Chris was greeted by Daniel's parents, and then we settled in the livingroom. There I spotted a major temptation. The kitchen is very easily accessible, there is no door to be shut. So I took several tries to enter that treasure place. At first I ran in but got called byck by Chris. Then I casually got up, walked around, took a long route along the back of the livingroom and slowly made my way to the kitchen. Chris also noticed that and called me back, and I had to lie still by her sofa, wasn't even allowed on it. Basti walked around and looked at me. But at one point Chris discovered that I was hungry, so she fed all the treats from her clicker bag to me, and even gave some to Basti. We had a feast, that much is for sure.
 
The next day it got even colder, and Chris only took me for walks twice. It got as cold as -15 °, so yesterday in the morning she put on an extra layer of clothes. Today she says it is warmer.
 
And before i leave to go see the friend tomorrow, it is human Christmas time, and Shadow and his friends were celebrating Yalda last night. So whatever you are celebrating, we wish you loads of yummy food, many presents and a lot of fun whatever you are doing. Chris sends hugs and I send licks, Yours, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home