Tuesday, November 24, 2009

What has happened?

Hi everybody:
 
I am not sure what has happened to Chris, for something really extraordinary has happened.
After that long day with Daniel, which had started with a breakfast, continued at the sea and then ended at that Japanese place, it looked like Chris and I were finally going to have a wonderfully calm day at home. We went for the morning walk after she had slept enough, and she even slept some more on the couch. Then in the evening she put me on the flexible leash but took the harness along. And at the corner of the street she put that harness on me, and I started a speedrace along the street, stopped at the traffic light, just in case Chris wanted to go to the streetcar stop. When she didn't, I knew we were goingto Daniel's place. I always indicate the entrance before Daniel's, and Chris says she doesn't mind. We took the elevator, and then Daniel met us at the apartment door. This was the first time we went there all on oour own, and Chris says I did an excellent job. No need to tell me, I know when I am smarter than she is, the route isn't all that difficult.
 
At Daniel's apartment the humans sat and had whine, and I found the bowl of water the great Daniel always puts out for me. The kitchen door was closed, that I realised on my cautious trip through the apartment. When it was opened, I found that the humans were going to eat pizza - of course, not a single crumb for me!
 
But after the plates were off the table, Chris and Daniel agreed that I could hop on the couch and rest my head on the blanket that was lying there.
 
My royal self on a human couch? O what a joy! I think that it must have been a special holiday, or my birthday or something equally special to the humans. Moreover, at one point my highly respected and sincerely loved Chris reached out and gave me a little piece of the cheese she and Daniel were having for a kind of dessert. She says that it was brought from Spain and donated by Ilka, who would surely have loved to hand me that piece of delicacy on her own. I was certainly trying to go for more, but Chris firmly reminded me that there was no more for me, and that was the case. However, I was permitted to remain on the couch, this time head on Chris' lap, so she could pet me. O I think Daniel is wonderful for letting me reside on his couch, and therefore I will continue running towards him and resting my head on his lap when I see him. After all, he is the one that is permanently seated at a comfortable head-resting level for me.
I have seen other people in wheelchairs passing by me, and i have always tried to tell them that they are y friends, but so far none of them has liked me as much as the initiator of my wheelchair people affection.
 
And while I am at it, I have forgotten to tell you another story.
After Chris and I had left the last plane, the sister had met us and we had gone to the furniture store, the humans first had food, and then we went shopping. All of a sudden there was a lady with a child. She told me that the child was afraid of me, and the mom asked if the girl wanted to pet me. She did very very lightly stroke my back. Chris told me to lie down, so I was smaller tha the girl, and I did. The humans talked about me, and Chris showed them where I was the softest, which is at my thick chest fur. Then Chris made me get up slowly, but she had warned the girl that I would get taller now. And then I said goodbye, lifting up my paws. Finally we left, but we met them again on the lower level of the store. Both the girl and I stood still, because she was afraid and I knew she was. Chris was really really impressed by my behaviour.
And then there was another lady whose bag smelled of Hapoo treats. I wanted to follow her, and the lady said that there should be Hapoo treats in her bag. Chris told her she could give me one if she wanted, but she had none, so Chris gave her one of hers, so she could give it to me. I only know because I know what treats are in Chris' clicker bag.
 
in sumary, I am convinced that I have the bestest Chris on this planet to care for me. She can be extremely strict and insistent, but she is my person. I surely love her much more than mom or the wheelchair man or Petra, Silke or Ilka, just I have to perform more than one jobs. I am her guide, her eyes, her company, and ever since Shadow has decided to disappear, I have taken on that job of her shadw as well.
Cheers for this moment, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home