Friday, December 18, 2009

I am really getting older!

Hello everybody:
 
It is set now, I am getting older. But I am also getting spoiled.
Mr Wheelchair hasn't been at work for a while now. I keep looking out for him, so I can guide Chris towards him and pick up my pets. One of these days at work without the Mr Wheels another lady came, and we walked to pick up Chris' coat. Then a man accompanied us outside, and they talked about the way walking between the gate and the entrance door.
Two of the colleagues who are blind use their canes, and they have trouble locating the entrance door. I know now why I am there, Chris says with me walking these distances is so easy. They were talking about setting up a line that can be felt with the feet or the cane, and they needed Chris' input. Then they went back upstairs and Chris kept on working. In the afternoon I met the same lady and her friend in the room in the back wing where we usually go for the morning meetings. The humans had coffee and talked, and then Chris and I walked home - or so I thought.
 
when I announced the right turn towards the stairs that lead to our home indirectly, Chris praised me, turned me around and told me to walk on I thought she doesn't know what she's doing, but for once she did. I found the traffic light for the streetcar crossing, got praised and told to walk on, and then I knew where we were going. I raced to find the right turn, stopped at the first entrance way of a house, flew to the second and ran up the stairs. Mr Wheels opened the door, we took the elevator, and he was waiting upstairs to finally greet me. I smelled the parent's dog and got to see him in his computer and bedroom, where he was still busy doing something. Then we went into the livingroom, and soon the doorbell rang. Of course I barked until the person was upstairs. I wanted to go and impress him with my noisy voice, but Chris didn't let me. Mr Daniel wheelchair brought two boxes of pizza - I wish I could have gotten a bite, but in this Chris is unbreakable - no food when she is intending to eat it. Okay, I agree I don't share mine either, but she doesn't want it either. After they had finished, Chris told me that I could lie on the couch, and that was fantastic. I stretched out there and rested my head on Chris' knee and took a wonderful and relaxed nap. When you have your head on her lap, she cannot escape with you taking notice of ht.
When it was time to go home I really found the way all by myself, and Chris was really proud. I even showed her the traffic light again and then ra home. it was freezing cold.
 
Yesterday we finally had snow on the ground, but I tossed in it and walked in it and that was it. I remember when I was younger I danced with joy when I saw the white cover on the grounde. But I think I am getting old, I need no more huge jumping.
Allright, Chris wants to turn off the computer and then get ready so we can go to work, cheers and see you later, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home