Saturday, January 02, 2010

the end if the year

Hi folks and woofs:
Not long after I had written to you for the last time, mom arrived and spent an evening with us. The next morning Daniel picked us up and took us to the train station. That was so nice of him, as it saved Chris the money for the taxi, and I had somebody to greet. When I get into his car, I always give him a kiss to say hello.
We stayed on a train forever, and when we got out, the friend greeted us, the one who is nice but doesn't like me too much. But Chris likes her, and that's allright. The friend carried an entire tree home - why was that?
They spent some time taking it into the apartment, and later I found it standing in the livingroom. As if the livingroom was a forrest!
 
Well I don't think so, because in forrests they don't put glass apples, gold glitter, birds and stars on it, let alone lights. That same picture was to be found in the friend's mom's livingroom, and I think the trees belong into forrests, where i can run underneath them, sniff and occasionally leave a mark of my presence.
 
Well the days were spent being lazy, many candles were burning, and a lot of food was put in front of Chris, of which I did not get a single piece, although it smelled so delicious.
 
A few days later Chris and I returned on our own. The plan had been to take the friend with us, but since her mom had a few problems with her knee, the friend preferred to stay at home. I also think that she was in love with that poor tree in her livingroom - I really feel sorry for it.
This time we took the streetcar home, and it was good to be back.
 
The next two days we went to work, and I met Gina, the larger dog. I really lke her, but I just don't get it why she does not want to play with me. She always goes exploring the field, but she never plays and runs and jumps with me - pretty frustrating if you ask me. But apart from that she is fun to be with.
 
Then we stayed home, but one day we walked to work late at night - something I cannot recall having done ever in the years that we are here. Well Chris did not work, but we picked up Daniel, who took us to the city and into the restaurant Chris loves. The humans had food, and after they had finished, I received a Hapoo treat from the nice waiter. And then the friend came, who we had visited in Spain. She is sooo wonderful, and I think she loved seeing me, too. She was accompanied by another colleague from work, who also has a dog but did not take her with her.
The humans talked, I slept, and soon we all left for home. i forgot to mention that that morning we had gone to the post office with Daniel, but Chris was too late for the package, it was on its way back to the lovely lady who had sent it. But they had breakfast at a bakery, and talked a lot, of course.
 
the next day Daniel picked us up again, this time accompanied by a friend of his, who kept me company on the back seat of the car. We went to a potato place, where the humans talked, and the friend took my leash to walk from and to the car. O that was strange, but Chris says he did a good job.
Then we stayed at home, Chris watched TV, and outside the noise started - many little explosion and flashes of light. Chris soon went to bed, and so did I. When the noise got too much, she woke up, but fell asleep again. She calls that New Year's celebration, but she was too tired to wait until the years said hi and bye.
 
When the new day started, the noise had mainly gone, and outside it was crisp and clear. Walking was fun, and it was so quiet outside!
I think now it is work time again, so I'll say hello and nudge Chris to get going, cheers, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home