Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Mom, the restaurant and tennis

Hi everybody:
 
Have I told you that mom was here? She picked us up one day from work, and we walked home. I didn't need to wear the harness, because mom was guiding, that was really nice. We only went home to leave mom's and Chris' bags, and then went to the supermarket to do some shopping. It was so nice of mom to stay over night. She gave me many pets and scratches.
 
In the morning Chris and I left her sleeping to go for the morning walk. And when we came back I wanted to wake her up with my Hapoo song, but she was already awake and said hello from the bathroom.
The humans had breakfast, and then Daniel took us to work by car - so nice of him. At work I saw sister Suse with the tiny dog, and I thought we'd go for a trip with her. But Chris told me not to follow her and mom, but to stick to Daniel, and we went upstairs for work.
 
After that normal day we were picked up by the lady who always comes, sits on the floor by my side and pets me. I think this was the first time we went somewhere with her. We went to the furniture store, where the humans had lunch or dinner, and then we strolled around and Chris finally bought two little packages. Finally we went into a Hapoo store, where Chris ended up buying nothing, not even a treat for me. The friend bought strange things, she says they are for her rabbits.
 
If I remember correctly, we had rabbits at mom's place, but I don't remember what happened to them. I never got a hold of them, although I took several attempts to chase them, they were in a cage.
 
The following day we stqayed at work very late, and Daniel, one of the funny boss people and Chris and I went to another kind of bar restaurant.  First the humans talked and talked, and at one point I had some water offered to me. The lady had a saussage in her hand, but Chris asked her not to give it to me, because t was too salty. Rubbish, I say, of course I would have loved to have it! Since what Chris says goes, I didn't get the saussage, but I also didn't touch the water. When the serious talking was done, Chris talked with another man, who also took us outside, where I could do my small business and romp i the snow. Finally we went home, and I sure was glad to get to sleep.
 
From then on the days were packed for Chris. The first two days she spent in the bedroom listening to a CD book or scanning books in the office room. She finished one about a tennis man whose name I have never heard. The Sampras man appears to have been a great champion before I arrived to stay with Chris, and she respects his achievements a lot. And once that book was scanned, she took another one, a story about a vilage at the sea, which couldn't be compared to our city, because if it has ever existed, then it did so a long time ago.
 
Then she suddenly got up in the middle of the night to turn on her TV and the computer, and guess what she's doing most of the days now: watch tennis. She has turned the couch into a bed, and that's where she spends her time now. She wakes up at night and watches tennis, goes out with me a few times and sleeps at times she usually is wide awake.
 
Her favourite tennis man Nico has already lost and probably left the place, but Chris isn't too disappointed. She says he will have to be fit for the daviscup in two months. Tennis Rafa is still going strong, but she doubts that he will manage to defend his title. She says the little Russian and his constant rival the Suiss are going strong, but she keeps her fingers crossed. Me too, my paws I mean, for then she is going to be really happy in the end.
 
Yesterday somebody rang the doorbell, and I know that Chris received a lot of Hapoo food, which she stores in the tiny room in the basement. But when we returned from the Hapoo walk, I got a few snacks to chew on
 
Allright, time to let Chris have the keyboard back, she wants to see who is worth watching on the second screen - she can follow two matches at the same time and is having a lot of fun doing so.
 
On another quick side note, apparently there has been a great desaster somewhere unknown to me with the earth furiously shaking, thus destroying houses, roads and many lives; they set up a charity event spontaneously before the tennis turnament, and many top players joined to make it a huge success. And apparently the Mr music man also performed at one such support event yesterday, but Chris says she had to sleep in order to wake up again this night, so she didn't watch. I have never experienced the fury of the earth, but Chris says they have to do a lot of tidying up and rebuilding down there, and very very many people have died. I think I should go there to try and give all the sad hearts some comfort, if they'd want it.
Cheersfor now, this time really, and thanks for Chris' patience, Hapoo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home