Tuesday, January 26, 2010

They say girls do that...

Hello everybody:
 
now that I have been with Chris for such a long time, there will always remain things about her that I cannot quite understand.
 
Allright, I have gotten used to the annual arrival of tennis times, one being around now, where she wakes up in the middle of sleeping time and watches and watches until in the middle of the day she collapses on the bed to sleep, even though the sun might be shining brightly. Sometimes she will play with her computer while they are playing, and sometimes she will turn all her attention on the TV, especially towards the ond of that strange Australian time. Sometimes she will shout out to support somebody. That is when I feel obliged to get up from my bed and remind her that nothing's wrong and that I am still here. Sometimes she will be unhappy with the way things turn out.
 
I have discovered that for some reason you either like tennis Roger, or you like tennis Rafa. You and I know by now that Chris is among those who prefer tennis Rafa. She says tennis Roger is too boring with his constant breaking of all records, and he should leave some for Rafa. She says she admires Rafa's way of fighting and the way he presents himself so shy and so very full of respect for the sport and for the others.
 
So I guess I should not be surprised that she cried a tear or more over tennis Rafa today. He had to retire during the match with the English Andy (there's an American one, too), who had been playing extraordinarily well, but Rafa was feeling his old injury again. Chris says he should take the time and listen to what his body says, not what success and pressure tell him. She said she so wanted to go hug tennis Rafa and offer him a shoulder to calm down. But why does this make a human girl cry?
 
Daniel, Mr Wheelchair, sure wouldn't cry over such thing, neither would Shadow. Shadow used to say that only girls do this. Well I beg to differ, I don't cry tears. I would, if I ever hadthe chance, walk up to tennis Rafa and put my head on his knee, so he'd notice and pet me. It sure keeps Chris from shouting and makes her smile, and others like petting me too, and it distracts them for a little while.
 
So if anybody knows whether I could help tennis Rafa, please tell Chris and tel her that we should travel to see tennis Rafa, so I can comfort him. After all, that might prevent Chris from having to worry about him, right?
 
Besides, she says it would only be fair if the English Andy managed to beat tennis Roger, or the Russian man who speaks an excellent German. Chris says she knows some Russian, but she has never spoken it, so I haven't learnt it. And then we have the tennis Djoko still running for the title, she likes him, too, and the tall guy from Mr tennis Djoko's neighbouring country. But Chris says he has been playing for too long, the English Andy should manage to beat him in the next round. No more Spaniards in action, where last year this time there were two, and last year tennis Rafa had won the turnament. This year, Chris has decided to host a tennis brunch, with the guys' final being the center of attraction, and some food for people to have. I heard her say that Daniel's parents' little dog Basti is coming. Fine with me, as long as he leaves my Hapoo bed alone.
Allright, the lady of the house wants to sleep, and she says congrats to Mrs Kohlmann for reaching the doubles' semis (don't know much about that man), cheers, Hapoo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home