Saturday, April 24, 2010

Good weather, good week

Hello hello:

I have not done too much this past week, but lead Chris to work safely, ask
for pets from her little friend, and also greet my favourite people at work.
Chris makes me sit with the most favourite ones, and then they can pet and
talk. So sitting is a major reward.

Yes, I do find the entrance into work now easily, though I walk there very
reluctantly. I walk and show the entrance though, and I always receive pets
and a treat.

When we go out, Chris does try to call me every now and then, as I am eating
grass or sniffing interesting smells. I still don't come reliably, so we
always start our walks on flexible leash. But once I have done my business
or want to play, she unclips the leash.

We have two games. One is with the rope. First we play tug, and Chris walks
around with me holding on to the other end, or we really tug tough until she
tells me out. I try hard to release the rope, but it always takes a little
while to let go. But when I do, she throws it and I fetch it. O that is such
fun. When I spot it lying somewhere I cannot stop. I pick it up and run back
so fast that I hit it against Chris' knee. It seems to be good, because I am
always praised big time.

I have also been allowed to play fetch with my signal jacket. Chris throws
it a few steps, and I can pick it up and take it back to her. But I still
don't want to hold it, I just want to hand it to her really fast. I can also
run after a ball that she tosses, but I won't pick up anything that is lying
still.

Chris says that doesn't matter, because we are just at the very beginning.
And she is very proud of me, because the coach said I was not a big
retriever. Well, I wasn't a big treat eater, but Chris' treats are fun, and
fetching the items is also big fun.

I will tell you about our second offleash game soon, goodnight, Quito.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home