Tuesday, May 04, 2010

I know the way

Hello everybody:
 
Well the week has passed, and Chris has kept me on flexible leash, except when we are playing runrun, or tug with the rope. She always brings the rope to work, so I can tug and fetch, that's wonderful. But apart from those playing sessions I am kept on flexible leash, so I don't forget my ears.
Only one time my favourite Petra accompanied us on the walk, and Chris let me run and jump up on her and all that - it was great fun. Petra also said that I am a good fetcher, she likes me and I like her.
 
A few days ago Chris and I did not go to work, but we went to the bakery instead. There was a wild dog, but I pretty much ignored him. He dragged his owner and wouldn't stand still, but I think he was friendly annd just too energetic. I found the entrance to the bakery and sat down in front of it. It was closed, and so we walked around the building. I figure Chris didn't believe that this was the right entrance. At one point she was not sure on which side of the building we were, because there was no car or person to give her a clue. We walked back, and I showed her where the street was. We walked to our right at first, but soon Chris made me turn and we walked back until I could show her the traffic light. She made me walk to the bakery again, and again I did a good job. I think Chris was really pleased with my performance that morning. After we had crossed the traffic lights and walked past two more barking dogs, she let me run on flexible leash, and we also played a little.
Chris says we are getting somewhere, whatever that means, and I am surely warming up to her.
Cheers for the moment, Quito.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home