Tuesday, September 28, 2010

What a busy weekend!

Hillo there, are you still alive?
 
I certainly am, and I love it when things happen. Chris says she was happy to have a longer weekend when her last day of work was over. She and I got into a lady's car, a friend at work she is, and she always comes to pet me. We drove to the store we always go to, where you find tons of tables, beds, chairs and whatever else dogs don't really need. We didn't go there, but instead we walked into the restaurant area, where the humans got themselves some food, and then we found a nice table. I lay there and relaxed, while the humans talked and talked. Then, as always, we went downstairs, and the ladies had fun exploring the shelves full of a lot of htems no dog needs. Chris bought a metal can, like the one she already has. She says it'll be a present for somebody, and the friend held a pillow in her hand she wanted to buy. Chris told her it was very nice, and later she wrote and said that it really was, and that Chris should have bought herself one, too. But she says she has enough pillows.
 
The next day started quietly, Chris relaxed in the morning and then slept in the afternoon, she says she really needed it. And then she talked on the phone a lot, and then finally Daniel showed up - really cool! The two sat and talked, Chris had food and Daniel didn't, because he says he has had enough at work. When he was gone, Chris played a little on her computer, and then we both went to sleep fairly early.
 
The next morning was allright, but then Chris started walking around and checking her clauset for clothes, put some on and exchanged them with others. I knew something was going to happen, so I lay at the front door, waiting for her to pick up a leash. She did, and this time it was the flexible leash. Outside Daniel arrived, and I got into the car. Chris did, too, and we drove to his parents' house, where I met Basti the cool dog. I wanted to really play wrestling with him, but he barked at me, he didn't seem to like it. Outside they have a pond with fish moving inside it. i really wasn't sure if i could drink that water with the fish in it, so i didn't.
The humans had food and wine, and Chris says it was as delicious as at Micki's place. And then Daniel started leaving, and Chris followed him. I wanted to follow, too, but Chris took me inside, let me wait there and disappeared. I wonder where she went to without me. I stayed at the door for a while, but then the parents took me and Basti for a walk. I was even let loose in the field, and o joy, did i have run running around! They were amazed at how fast I can run, I can, and it's fun!
Back inside the house the mom went upstairs to take a nap, so I checked if I could sneak upstairs without being caught, and looked at her until she got up. Later Chris and Daniel returned, and i was really happy to see them back. I jumped on the couch at once, but Daniel sent me off, telling me that Chris was there and sie did not like me on couches all that much. I found out that they had gone to a large arena with lots of noise, and watched a football game. Daniel watched in his wheelchair, and Chris got a device that connected her to a man describing what was happening on the field. She says the match was of high quality, and that our team won, the weather was great and the afternoon was fantastic.
 
Back home we went for the dog walk, and then Chris cleaned a little, and then the doorbell rang. She sent me to my place, and then I saw the big boss with his big dog Gina. She is something like a St. Bernard or so, but her name is not Bernard, but Gina. I tried to play with her, but she always growls at me, even when I am the nicest little Quito on earth. Finally we both settled, and I stayed quietly on my dog bed, while the humans were cooking food in the kitchen. Chris says it was wonderful, tasted good and the company was great. Then they came back into the livingroom, sat down and talked a lot, before the big boss and Gina left.
 
Chris cleaned up again, and then she picked up the phone and did not finish until a lot later. She was talking with a friend in Spain, and they apparently had to catch up on a lot of things.
 
Yesterday in the morning she was tired, but I wasn't. She says my guiding work was excellent, and so we started the work day. In the middle of it I wanted to see where the big boss was going, so I walked down the central aisle, until somebody took my leash and brought me back. From then on Chris made sure to check on me all the time. I think the bell is also returning back on the collar. After the workday was over, we went to the little car parking area, where I ran a little and then spotted two ladies. They said hello to Chris, and apparently they had wanted to meet. I was put in the back of a car that smelled like another dog, and then we went to the store with useless items again, and to the restaurant area again, where the humans talked and the dog lay watching the world. Back at home Chris talked a lot with Daniel, until she was too tired. She really slept long last night, and she says she is back to normal and ready for the tasks that await her. So am I, of course, but the difference between me and her is that I don't know what's coming up, but she does.
Keep waiting for adventures, cheers, Quito.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home