Thursday, January 27, 2011

a new member

Hello all:

Here we are again with a few stories.

After the run to the bakery I was all hyped up and played with Chris with
the ball, and she even threw my collar for me, before she settled down to
watch tennis again. Later, when she got up from her day sleeping interval,
we went for a walk, and then she unpacked her new but not yet used telephone
again. She wanted to insert a card following the description of a friend.
She managed to open the slot, but when she inserted the card she thought
something was stange. Well, she tried to turn on the phone, and nothing
would happen. She put back the phone and lay down to sleep, when the
doorbell rang. I hurried to the door and waited until Chris was there, too.

in came the good friend Silke with some luggage. After she had put it down
in Chris' and my bedroom, where we are currently not residing, I was
allowed, or rather took the right, to express my joy. Silke was confused,
for I had never been so cheerful towards her again, simply because we had
always met in public and Chris wants me to behave when we are out and about.
Silke received a key and then left, but returned after a few minutes.

then after she had gotten somewhat settled, Chris asked her to help set up
the new phone, and Silke agreed to help. The first thing she discovered was
that the card was inserted wrongly into the phone. So she asked for a safety
pin to pick the card back out of the phone. Chris kept her fingers crossed,
and that helped, for the friend was successful. And then she helped Chris
set it up and the phone started speaking, like all other incredibly useless
devices Chris has.

Then Silke said goodnight and went into the bedroom, while chris got settled
in the livingroom with me, as if nothing had changed. She played with the
new phone a little, before she fell asleep.

The next morning the friend just opened the door a little and said goodbye,
and then she left. A little later we went for the dog walk, and i found that
the friend's shoes were standing there. It appears that she is going to stay
with us, cool thing.

That day, however, saw Chris a little sad. Her favourite tennis ball hitter,
Mr Rafa, or Mr Nadal, i am not sure which is the right way to call him,
dropped out of the turnament. He was hurting, she says, but he fought
anyway. The other man, David, so Chris says, did a great job defeating Mr
Rafa, but she was still sad. then some things at work also made her think,
and finally, another great tennis player, Justine from a place called
Belgium, retired from the favourite sport. She said that she was hurting too
much on her elbow, which she needs to hit balls. So she had to quit from her
job. I don't have to quit mine, I love it, and I love being with Chris, for
sure.

This morning I heard Silke get up before Chris did. I sniffed through the
door, and Chris thought I had smelled some food. Of course not, bzut I want
to know what is going on behind the closed door.

You see, despite the tennis it never gets dull here, we always have a story
or two to tell.
Cheers and best of luck, Quito.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home