Thursday, August 11, 2011

Brain games

Hi everybody:

Chris is creatively using her brain in my favour. Just the other day we
played hunting. she distributed a huge portion of the Quito food in the
livingroom and the corridor, and I had to run and find it all. That was
great fun! Before that she had hidden some delicious treats in my dog
bed. Right between the matress and the fluffy edge there is a kind of a
pocket where she can hide the food. I cannot always reach it with my
mouth, but I have to use my paws sometimes.

And then she brought plastic cups from the kitchen and put one of twh
upside down, the other one, too. Under one, however, she had hidden kibble.

Believe it or not, I mostly chose the right one to knock over. Knocking
them over was great fun. Then she put down more, and I only got to the
kibble if I knocked them over. So I knocked them over one after the
other. Under some there was nothing, and under some there was food. She
says we had played with four cups and I did well.

We also played tug with the rope, which was fun.

And a few days ago, when Chris was at work assembling furniture, I
spotted the big boss. I jumped up and ran towards him and bounced and
couldn't stop bouncing. He always catches my leash and takes me back to
Chris, where I have to calm down. Really, watching humans assemble
chairs is boring. So I lay down in the middle of the room, spred my tail
out wide and watched over the two ladies. Then the other lady's man
came, great Michael, and he really started playing with me. We wrestled,
chased each other, barked at each other, played tug wiith my leash,
which I am allowed to, until Chris removed the leash from the collar.
Then we played runrun, wait and attack annd run again, until Chris just
told me to stop.
I plopped down in a sit and waited quietly until she put the leash back
on the collar, so we could tgo and have lunch.

It is so great that Chris has woken up and we play again, I really love
it. I think I wouldn't want to be anywhere else, my life is nice here.
Outside it is raining, and I wonder if I can go and play in the huge
puddles at work.
Cheers, Quito.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home