Friday, August 26, 2011

A night at the beach!

oh yes, I can tell you that this was a wonderful break of the quietly
floating routine in our lives.

Well firstly, I need to mention that the friend has moved into the
bedroom. When I first saw her at work, I had to look at her closely
before remembering her. But then I was going to jump and bounce all the
time, which Chris did not permit, of course. The friend even gave me
pets, and Chris a new magnet for her fridge. We first went home without
the friend, but then she came, too, got settled in the bedroom, and then
we all sat on the balcony, the ladies talked, had whine and I slept and
watched them.

The next day was normal, because Chris was too lazy to go to the beach.
But last night she was not, so the friend took us in her car, and we
went to the car parking place by the beach. O I was so excited, because
there were so so many adults, children, buggies, dogs and seagulls - i
really didn't know what to look at first. Chris had not brought the
harness, so I could let my nose and eyes explore, even though she kept
me on short flexible leash.

Even on the beach I was not allowed to run the full length of the
flexible leash, because there were still so many people. There were many
sand piles on the beach, which Chris and the friend Silke call sand
castles - I don't know what a castle is, I think I have never been to
one. Anyway, I was not allowed to dig deep inside to see if anything was
hidden under those tiny mounts. But Chris took off her shoes, and we
aproached the water.

I admit, she had to walk in first, ad I followed. It was allright, but
Silke did not play with us. That was boring, I so much wanted to include
hr in the play, jump up on her or something similar. She says she
doesn't like me wet and sandy - pfff it's so much fun!

Well we walked along the beach some more, and then I was allowed to go
into the water once again. By now the beach had emptied a little, so I
could run every now and again. i ran large circles around Chris, who was
standing in the water, and I loved plunging and splashing all over the
place, despite the fact that Chris made sure to keep me away from the
friend.

Chris herself loved walking along in the sand without her shoes, and she
and Silke even walked along the street on bare feet. Soon Chris put on
her shoes, but Silke did not put hers on anymore. We walked along the
street, drove home, and when the ladies stopped for a quick pick at the
grocery store, they left me in the car. I do want to accompan Chris to
see what she is up to, but I am alright in the car and will not bark so
much. Chris says the Hapoo dog used to climb up to the driver's seat and
look out of all windows from there and bark until Chris had returned. I
will just sit, look out the windows and wait.

Back home the ladies sat outside on the balcony, but they kept the door
closed to keep the mosquitoes outside. There are many of those tiny
critters here this year, because currently the weather is humid but very
sunny. The sun has been hiding from us for most of the summer, but not
it has been here with us for a week or so, and Chris really loves it.

When they returned, Chris said we were going to fly on an airplane soon.
She says I have been on a plane before when we and Micki went to see the
friend Ilka in Spain. Don't remember, and we'll see. She also says that
that plane thing will take us to see Mr Mylove, and that Silke is so
wonderfully kind to take us to the airport and back home from it in her car.

I love car rides, and Chris likes Silke's company, and she likes to go
to see Mylove, so I think we are up for something really good.

Cheers for the moment and have a fun weekend, Quito.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home