Thursday, September 15, 2011

travels - past and future

Folks, she tells me to hurry, but I had to sneak in at least a short
update on what we have been up to before we head off for new adventures
again.

One day, a bit more than a week ago, Chris and I took a car to the train
station, where a lady took us to a train. We travelled for a long while
until we got off, then a lady met us and took us to another car.

The driver started talking to Chris, and they got involved in an
interesting talk. Chris found out that he is from the land wher Hapoo's
favourite Mr Shadow is from, called Iran.
Just on a side note, I have never met Mr Shadow, but Chris explains that
I have Mr Mylove instead, and I am really happy and will not envy Hapoo
for Mr Shadow. however, the car driver had great fun listening to Chris'
memories of the land he was from, and so the time flew by and soon we
arrived. We were at yet another furniture store, where a nice colleague
took Chris to a couch, where soon we were picked up by this one lady we
have met before. She does not like dogs, so I did not even attempt to
jump up on her or anything like this. She took us to a room where other
people were waiting, handed my leash over to a wonderful man I have
never met, and disappeared for a while.

Then the boring stuff started - humans talking and Quito napping, before
it was human lunch time. Another session of boring talk, occasonal pets
by one or the other human, and then the farewells and a dog walk with
this other lady with a huge belly. Chris says there is a little tiny
tiny human hidden inside it, but I haven't seen it. I have seen another
lady at work with an equally huge belly, and she lets me take a sniff
and an ear full, and I believe in hers there is really a human sort of
living hidden inside.

The journey back home was longer, because after the train we took the
streetcar, and then Chris took me on the dog walk immediately, saying I
had behaved really well.

Then we did not travel to see Mylove, as Chris had promised, for a
reason I fail to understand. Chris just says that had we travveled
anyway, he wouldn't have been there, and it would have been boring. So
we stayed home with the friend, and they shaped more furnitures.
A little away from my bed there are some cabinet sceletons piled up on
top of one another, Chris says they are waiting to be put up on walls.
on the other day the friend prepared a huge meal and the ladies sat on
the balcony and enjoyed the last bits of summer or autumn sun.

Yesterday was our last day of work for a week, and after we had returned
home Chris immediately took a nap, before she and the friend took me to
that store again, where they baught unidentifiable metal bars for the
wall cabinets, lamps and more unnecessary stuff - no food, that much is
for sure. But they bought a plant called bamboo, which moved on the
balcony. It is one of Mylove's favourite plants.

Then Chris put dog food from the huge container into a small plastic
bag, a sign that we are going somewhere. It looks like today we are
starting, so I will not be on the computer keyboard for a while, she
says until Sunday, whenever that is, and then I will have a long story
to tell once again. She says we will be travelling with Micki, seeing
people she hasn't met in a long time and meeting many new ones I have
never met, including an aunt, and seeing Rudy the sister's dog, which
will be my highlight, i think.

Have a good time every woof and human - tiny or not - Yours, Quito.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home