Wednesday, November 28, 2012

It's my job, Chris!

Quite honestly, I don't get it!

Yesterday Chris and I had a really good day. We started off in the
morning with the walk to the streetcar stop. There we waited for an
eternity, because Chris missed the arrival of the earlier streetcar.
Didn't matter, she says, because we would've been early anyway, and so
we just waited for the one she had scheduled us on. I like the morning
trains, because sometimes there are children on them who talk about me
with their parents. Then we walked to the hotel, where I really found
the entrance. Once we were inside, one of the folks from the previous
night greeted us and told Chris he was going outside for a quick stroll.
She decided to join, and so she handed my leash to him, and we went for
a little relaxed walk.
Then came the boring stuff, one lady talking, and the other humans
listening and writing. Chris has a telephone on which she can also take
notes, or at least so she says. I have to credit that nobody called her,
so I guess she must have told the truth.
After lunch that nice man took us for a really nice and long afternoon
walk along the city walls. Chris says she doesn't know thatl ong
pleasant route, and so I guess we were both happy. The workshop, as
Chris calls this boring event, continued forever, but then Chris put on
her coat, and I raced her up the stairs, through the restaurant and
almost past the lift. I don't like the lift, it has a scary and slippery
floor. But one colleague was there, too, and took us downstairs. Outside
the streets were busy and alive, so we started on the way back to the
streetcar. I watched out for people crossing our path, waited for
children to be moved out of the way, walked around cars that were
blocking the sidewalk, announced all curbs up and down, and finally, I
found the streetcar stop for the way back. Chris says it is located
nowhere near where she herself could locate it, but I did. She cannot
stop praising me for it, but I say it's just my job, and I really enjoy
it when I know what to do and where to go. Chris says I really showed
off greatly.

The night before yesterday after a short version of the workshop, the
workshop starters so to say, I met friend Silke in the hotel lobbgy,
together with her man. Greeting them was fun, and I got to walk with the
man. We went to a human restaurant, but at one point the man took me
outside for my small business. I really like the friend, she is cool,
and Chris likes her, too, of course. We did not go to the water, because
when we left the restaurant it was raining, and humans don't like rain
late at night when they are tired.
I think today I will have another chance to excel, we are going to the
hotel again. But in the afternoon I will have the chance to jump tall,
for we will hopefully meet the big boss. And then, oh no, we will walk
across the packed Christmas market, which is said to be the largest in
the northern region, whatever that is. Okay, I'll get to greet
passers-by, smell interesting smells, and probably also spot dogs. Cool
stuff, cool stuff. And hopefully that nice calm man will take us on the
long afternoon walk again - it is so wonderful to relax when somebody
holds the leash who can see what I am doing, but unfortunately also what
I am not to do, and they always, really always tell me off!

Allright, gotta go shake my floppies to get all sorted out and then run
to the streetcar stop!
Have a good day and think of me, Quito.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home