Monday, December 24, 2012

Life is play!

Good morning, good morning!

A week ago when we came to work I discovered that the big boss was in,
so I greeted him enthusiastically. And o joy, he had brought toys for me
besides the usual treats. I have trained him well, haven't I? The toys,
however, weren't from him, but from Mr Mylove, who has changed names
with Chris into Ralf, but I honestly don't care. A man who sends me toys
is worth calling Mr Mylove, I think. Any objections?
One is a nice huge rope for me to dig my teeth in and pull, and the
other one a rope tied into four handles and one tugging knot in the
center. They are both real fun! Chris and I played with both toys for a
little while, and then she sat down to work not at the usual desk but at
the one further to the central aisle, because Eric, the man who always
smells of a cat's presence at his home (pleasant and very iteresting),
sits at the window, when he is there. Those are the only times Chris
will voluntarily switch places.
There must have been a large meeting going on, for folks were gathering
in the center. I stayed on my bed and Chris and Eric stayed at their
desks and followed the speeches from there. Soon it was time for Chris
and me to go home. Have I told you that the major traffic light is
making noises again? That really relaxes Chris when we have to cross
that huge street.

We also had a meeting of people the following day, Chris says they share
having physical limitations. The humans sat in a circle first, and then
around a table, had a bit of cake and then finally we all left the room.
Chris immediately grabbed her small work phone, sat down in the middle
area she calls Sweden, and talked and talked to a lady. I do admit this
was one of the rare occasions I got impatient and was really happy when
she put away the phone and we left work, followed by - oh joy - the big
boss. Chris took my leash ooff and I raced down the stairs, tried to
open the door, but needed help, and then ran all across the parking lot.
The humans tossed snowballs for me and I had a grand time sniffing at my
own speed and pleasure. Then we drove to the shopping center where I
haven't been for ages. The humans had coffee, we went for a very tiny
bit of shopping, and then the big boss took us home.

Then all of a sudden Chris really started to work hard and with more
focus than usual. she says things have gotten mixed up somewhat, not by
her doing, but she has to help sort them out as best as she can.
Then two days ago all of a sudden the phone rang, and Chris put the
signam jacket on me, we went downstairs and I saw the sister! I greeted
her with a mighty jump and run, hopped into the car and was left there
while the humans were apparently selecting trees to load the car with.
Then we walked through the furniture extremely quickly - sister holding
my leash and Chris following. They did not buy much, but Chris and I
then spent most of the time waiting, for sister had to stuff something
into a larger car, and then she returned to pick us up. We went home and
upstairs, Chris searched for something to give to the sister, ad then
sister and I left. I don't mind leaving Chris at home, she will be
allright, and going away with sister is great fun.
We met the sister's dog Krause, he and I tried who had the more stubborn
will but left it at a tie. I had great romps outside. At night I opened
the niece's bedroom door, walked into the living area, discovered a bit
of butter on the counter, decided that it must have been left there on
purpose for me to find, had it all and went to sleep. Then out with
sister and Krause for another marvelous romp, and then the sister put
the niece and me on the city train, and we walked through the ice and
snow back to my home, where Chris came to greet me. I received food and
then curled up on my bed to sleep.

Today, I believe, it is a bit of work again, and then Chris says we will
have a few days off. Allright, fine with me.
Have a good time everyone and everywhere, cheers, Quito.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home