Sunday, October 20, 2002

Hello once again:
Sorry I did not manage to write yesterday, but Chris¡¦ computer was always busy, or we were out. However, here is a question you might find interesting:
Have you ever volunteered to play with disaster?
Apparently, humans are very fond of it. Two days ago Chris left me alone outside, attached to a tree near her entrance. When Theresa, the little girl, came to pick me up, she took me to the garden. I have not been there too often, so whenever I go there it is exciting to smell everything, especially the fresh earth. This time, o horror, I saw two fires. My love for Chris was stronger, but if I had been in free nature, I would have run away. Two fires at once, the Shadow guarding one, mom the other, and Chris keeping the Shadow company. They were frying sausages in the fire, and I got the ones that had fallen on the ground. That was nice, but I really don¡¦t understand why they light a fire and let it burn in their own garden! And later they just left and did not worry about the fire. Since I have not smelled any intense fire, I think nothing has happened in the garden.

Yesterday we went to the city again. When we took the street car, it was so packed that we hardly fit in. Finally this crafty Shadow found a spot for him and Chris to sit, which provided more space for me. There was also a man sitting there, who eventually made everybody leave the car for us to get out. He left too, but the Shadow later saw him waiting on the other side of the street to continue where he was going. See, there are really nice people out in the world, I mean other than Chris, the Shadow and mom. And Theresa, of course.

This morning Chris has left me in the basement all the time, and when I was finally permitted to go to the living room, I smelled cookies and delicious lunch. And coffee, of course. I just don¡¦t get it, why don¡¦t they ever let me share their meals?

Anyway, I should not complain, I have a quite nice life, I am working occasionally, Chris sometimes gets mad at me, but she never treats me really bad. So I am leaving the rest of this Sunday to you and wish you a happy new week, Yours, waiting for the rain to stop, Chrisļ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home