Thursday, January 02, 2003

Happy new year all friends:
Did all of you celebrate? Anyway, what’s so nice about switching from one date to another? I will tell you why this past time was so exciting for me.
First of all, without any prior warning Chris and I were alone in the house, and we took grandpa Ajax on our walks three times a day. On one occasion he barked at the cows and got pulled by one ear, but generally I had the feeling Chris was very proud of our behaviour. We never ran away too far and always returned when she called. She never bathed my feet anymore. One night she took me outside and I saw three people and a new car. Without any hesitation Chris invited them in, and there was one lady who immediately started petting us dogs. That was really nice. The lady, the man and the car left, but one girl stayed behind. I am talking about this friend of Chris’ I had met before, when Shadow was with us. Chris calls her so many names, so I will call her Friend, until I know her real name. Chris has many names for everybody; she never calls Shadow Khodadad, but gives him many names. For her I am not only Hapoo or Elsa, but also “Alte fette Nase”, Trinchen, or just no name at all. Friend is a smoker, she blows out stinking air and finds that nice. Chris does not seem to appreciate that air pollution, for she did not permit Friend to smoke inside. However, Friend always joined us on the dog walks, which no other visitor has done so consequently.
Soon after Friend sister Suse’s boyfriend Pit arrived. Strange, but that’s the only name Chris has for him. He brought his two dogs, but Chris and Pit took care I did not get too close to the other female, Ara. And the little one, Gorki, was too afraid to come see me, which he had done before.
One day all three humans and myself went shopping, and I guided Chris all the way to the super market near the train station. She was very satisfied I had remembered the route, and as a reward she did not attach me to the usual bar, but left Friend with me. In return I did not bark or pull the leash, for I thought that was a nice compromise. I even found the way back on my own, and soon I saw Mom come out of a train. We went to the city and bought nice smelling fish, and then the humans sat down on chairs to have coffee ad a little something to eat. It’s unfair I am not allowed on chairs, but always have to lie on the floor beside Chris’ chair.
And then the next day all of a sudden I found that grandpa Ajax was allowed in the basement corridor, and Chris made me stay there too, most f the time. She herself spent her time upstairs with the three others. From the smell I gather they had all the fish on their own and did not even think of us dogs. And then they went and talked a lot. Mom even permitted Ara and Gorki in the living room, and I found out that Chris, Pit and her talked about dogs most of the time. Then mom and Pit left, and later they rang the church bells although there were no services. Gorki hid under the couch, Ara stayed in the living room, Ajax and I were left in the basement, and Chris and Friend went on the balcony to play with strange fire. Outside I heard such a lot of shots that I was left wondering what a great beast was killed then. But since I was in the basement I did not find out.
When Pit and Mom came back they put candles on the Christmas tree and had Champaign, I don’t know what the special reason was. They said things like “Happy new year”, but I honestly don’t see the difference. Chris was particularly happy about a call from Shadow, understandable.
Since yesterday everything slowly went back to normal, first Pit and the dogs left, and today we took Friend to the station. Mom has caught cold, so Chris took care of her again. And now we are completely back to normal, which I like, except the fact that I have to sleep on my own again. Have a wonderful time all faithful readers and enjoy your year, yours, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home