Friday, January 03, 2003

Hi out there again:
Now that everything is normal, I can continue comparing humans and dogs. As far as I can remember I have tried to come up for reasons why paws and ears are different, and today I will try to think about tails.

Dogs do have a tail, which is the most important statement to make. We use it to express our feelings most of the time. If we move it strongly, occasionally knocking over glasses on tables, we are extremely happy. If we hold it up in a semi-circle, we have fun doing what we are busy doing at that moment. The lower we hold our tails, the more we dislike what is happening. When I have my tail between my legs while working, you can be sure that it is exhausting and no fun. However, if you see me moving my tail while announcing a bench and receiving appreciative pets, then I am certainly enjoying my work.

Humans, on the other hand, don’t really have a tail. Chris wears her hair in a similar way at the back of her hair, but I believe this is different, because Shadow and Friend and all others surrounding me don’t. If it were a tail, all humans would show it. So why then is it missing? Probably because humans don’t need tails to express their feelings. This is indeed a mystery…
If humans don’t need tails, then do we dogs? Can’t we just smile like them, or does a tail make our means of expressions richer? I guess that is the solution, and I am relieved I can offer it. If you have different thoughts, tell me and let’s discuss, what about that? Sleep well all and hope I get food tonight, yours, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home