Saturday, February 15, 2003

Hi friends:
Yesterday we finally went to the city again after quite a while. Mom left before us, and I wanted to join, but Chris was not willing to follow, so I had to sit and wait for her to get ready. The way to our local train station was nice; Chris did not correct me at all. On the way Chris talked to somebody sitting in a car, I later found out that that was sister Suse. On the platform we met mom, and soon after we arrived the train came. First we went into a store where they sell loads and loads of fabric; I don’t what that is good for. It must be good for something, for Chris showed the lady at the other side of the counter a dress she had brought, and then they chose one certain piece of fabric to go with it. I don’t understand how a human can wear long rectangular pieces of fabric when they usually wear designed and shaped clothes like sweaters with holes for their arms, or gloves that fit their fingers.
After that we went into a shoe shop, where Chris bought a pair. She had walked in them in the shop to make sure she liked them, and I had to wait where she had put me. She says it is fun to think that Shadow would be shorter than her when she wears them. And although she likes to annoy him every now and then, she assures she loves him more than anyone, me included, unfortunately. Why is that, when I am the only one who never leaves her, except the times she forces me to stay behind.
Then came the usual stop at an eating place, and then the coffee shop. In there it smells like the coffee Chris prepares almost every morning, but much much stronger. Chris bought two little packages, and from then on her backpack smelled of coffee all the way.
Finally we went to this rather large department store. Chris said she wanted to buy a particular kind of pillow for when Shadow next visits. I honestly don’t get that! Her couch is full of pillows, and she has one more in her bedroom, as far as I am informed. So why yet another one? And why for Shadow? He did not seem unhappy the last time he was here! Okay this new one is shaped differently, but that’s all the difference I can see.
Then we raced back to the train station, where we were just in time to catch our train back home. Chris allowed me to run around near our stable, where we met sister Suse and grandpa Ajax, and the horse was outside, too. Stupid horse does not like me, although I have never done her any harm, only once I tried to play with her baby, but soon Chris called me back and punished me for my delayed return. At home I was really tired, and I guess Chris rewarded me for my work by allowing me upstairs in the living room. There I can lie beside the couch, where she usually sits, and from where she can occasionally pet me. Today was boring again, Chris spent most of her time in front of TV or OPC, only in the afternoon we had a guest I have never seen before, but he gave me pets, and Chris seems to like him
Well, I am sorry I have not written any earlier than this, but I hope you accept my apologies with this relatively long section of updates. Enjoy my blog and stop by at Shadow’s blog occasionally, yours, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home