Saturday, January 25, 2003

Hello to all my anonymous friends:
Before I start telling you about my wonderful day, I would like to recommend the beginning weblog entries to all new readers. In those you will learn all about what it means to become and to be a guide dog, and also about Chris and the most important people around us.
However, I really need to share how wonderful today was. First of all: Chris again slept in the living room to watch tennis, and she even gave me pets after she had woken up. At this unusual time suddenly her phone rang, and from the sound of her voice I knew that it was Shadow calling. He must have told Chris some nice news, because she was rather cheerful after she finished the talk. The tennis match did not have the result Chris would have preferred, but she recorded it anyway, and strangely enough, she went to sleep afterwards again. When she woke up I still had to wait some time, because Chris and mom had one of their long breakfasts upstairs.
When we finally did go outside, it appeared that Dicker, grandpa Ajax, was as cheerful as me, so we really went and played quite a lot. I almost fell into the water I was planning to drink, but it was not too bad, I did not get too wet, only around my neck. We only spent a little time inside, and then Chris and I walked to the train station. We only went to the train station, where we stayed on the platform. In the meantime mom ran to buy newspapers, and back on the train we saw a neighbour with her boyfriend and his daughter. That poor thing did not want to pet me, although I would have loved that so much. Chris practised directions with me, but then work was done and I slept a little.
However, she decided that the weather was too nice for me to stay inside, so she took me out on the balcony again. It has been such a long time since I have been there, but today it was really great. I lay in the sun and enjoyed it a lot. Everything was so nice that I even was not mad at Chris for leaving me alone most of the afternoon. I have just returned from my evening walk with many new things to smell in the soft and humid earth. I am certainly going to dream of dogs’ paradise when I go to sleep now, yours, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home