Friday, January 24, 2003

Phones and memory
Okay, I admit that I am somewhat frustrated. Chris keeps watching tennis and insists that she has watched a “Historical match with the score of 21/19 in the deciding set”…. So what! As if I’d care!
However, her tennis-mania has a positive side to it: She sleeps in the living room, so she can access her TV easier.

What I originally wanted to tell you about is a really strange thing:
Yesterday mom and Chris spent about 1.5 hours with their telephones. Mom read a little book, and then they both took their phones and played around with their keyboards. Apparently Chris has configured her phone so that it can remember the phone numbers of her friends. How can a phone have a memory, I wonder?
I have memory, and Chris certainly does, too, but objects? Quiet little things that have to be carried around? Okay, her computer talks to her, that’s easy to explain, computers must be able to think and remember, though I don’t know how.
But phones? The only time I think they are alive is when they ring to announce an incoming call! But that does not justify memory. How on earth can a telephone remember things even though not used for a day or more? It even appears that it can have different voices…
For once I don’t know any solution; I guess matters are more complicated here…
I just know that I will never touch a telephone – it might bite back remembering what I did to it one day! Have a wonderful morning with all these twisted thoughts, yours, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home