Wednesday, May 07, 2003

Hello everybody:
Here’s part two of my escalator story. Two days ago Chris finally remembered that there was the harness hanging near all her jackets – actually, that was just yesterday. So we first went for our after lunch walk and then she put the harness on me and we went to the train station. Chris must have been very satisfied with me. We took a street car Chris calls Straßenbahn, which now goes from just inside the train station. We no longer use the bus that goes from somewhere outside. Teenage girl gave us a seat, which mom and Chris thought was very friendly and considerate. Of course, I had to sit or lie on the floor in front of Chris.

In the city we very quickly walked through the shopping street without even taking a glance at all the stores. Instead we went into a house cannot recall having been inside. There we went into one of those characteristic rooms, where nothing else happens but one person standing and the rest sitting, one person talking and the rest writing, listening or sleeping. Apparrently the topic was interesting, for Chris did not sleep but had fun listening.

When that was finished we went to this café Shadow and Chris and I always go to. There the ladies had ice-cream and coffee. And then the shopping tour finally started. Their major shopping this time was in a book store, where they really bought a lot. And in order to make the thing more adventurous for me, Chris decided it was time to check my escalator skills. We went up n escalator, but she did not like the way I went off, so we did it just again. I did not have to change much, but Chris did. Instead of holding on to harness and leash Chris grabbed the back strap rather than the handle, but kept the leash in her hand, and then at one point told me to get off. She thought it worked much better this way and gave me a delicious treat and petted me. I thought I should make mom’s present be useful too, so I asked her for praise, which she gave me as well.

Then off into another store, since we still had a lot of time left till the next train home left. There we first took an upward escalator and handed in some papers. For the way down this time we did not take the elevator, but also an escalator. Man, this is uncomfortable: You have to stand back paws two steps higher than front legs and you are not permitted or given the possibility to go for a big jump. Instead you are told to stay where you are head down, watching mom and obeying to Chris. Finally she releases you with a command and only then you are allowed to jump. But by that time you don’t need to, you just have to take a big step down from that stupid invention. Chris told me I had done a really good job and gave me treats, but if it hadn’t been for her I would have rather taken the elevator or regular steps. And I guess she only got the idea of practising escalators after this one time Shadow and her were about to take n escalator, but when she remembered I did not know how to she yelled “No� and they returned. Shadow claims he got a heart attack. Well, don’t you have to go to hospital after such thing has happened? Okay, Shadow is gone, but he still calls and emails from what I gather from Chris, and I am not sure if you are permitted to do these in a hospital. So I guess he just left for across the water and is as healthy as always and had just talked bullshit after all!!

Today we did not do much. Much to my disliking Chris has remembered the obedience exercises. Both this morning and evening I was not quite willing to stay where she had put me, so she got quite angry and repeated the exercises until I did what she thought I should do. Damn, why does she always have to be so strict when it comes to obedience? She never asks if I am in the mood for those training units!! Okay, I will not shout too loudly, I have not yet gotten my meal today Have a good evening with a full stomach, yours, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home