Sunday, September 05, 2004

Hi all:
I did talk to Shadow, and for once this man understood me
The day Shadow left, he Chris and myself, we went out to the city again. First we did some shopping, and then we went to an eating place. I have gotten used to the enduring injustice of them eating and me getting water only, so no complaint, really, no complaint! Chris put me under her bench, and she said I was a good girl, for I did not even move my head when I noticed another dog being put under the bench a couple of feet beside me. After they had finished eating Chris got up and asked Shadow to hold me. He had the leash in one hand and his plate with a lot of great smelling sauce and food remaining on it. Chris talked to the folks at the other table, who made their dog get up, a Golden Retriever. Chris got on her knees and started petting the guy.
What did Hapoo do? Tug her muzzle under Chris' arm and try to divert Chris' attention. No success, unfortunately, so I remembered Shadow's plate. I gave it a longing look and then turned my eyes towards Shadow, the soft-hearted one when it comes to giving me food. And what does this man say? Really, imagine this:
"Sorry Hapoo, I cannot do that",
and stands up to the tempation and keeps the plate right in his hand without a motion! Omg, this man has nerves! So back I go for Chris' arm. By now she is still talking and petting this other dog - allright, if she'd only let me play with him - and he is giving her a paw without being asked, like Chris always asks me! Why can another dog just offer Chris his paw like that, when that's my job?
Chris just turns, tells me to sit and wait, and continues petting for another little while. Just then she gets up, puts me into my harness, and off we go.
Cruel I think. She talks to fellow humans all the time, and I cannot talk to a fellow dog?
Somebody establish a canine rights commission in Hapoo City, please - me being the chair and dictating the rules!
Why has Chris influenced Shadow so much that he won't even offer me a piece of meet anymore? Bad Chris, and Shadow is to be pitied, won't you agree?
That same day Shadow just put us on the train and did not come in with us. Bad Shadow, Chris was sad, and I'm sure she never deserves to be sad.
On our way home she was talking on the phone all the time. I ran her into a couple of branches, she didn't correct. I did the same thing again a little further on, and she certainly made me rework that one.
Bad Hapoo, I could've been home faster.
There you are, we're all bad sooner or later, thing is I know, and you don't, you humans!
Cheers and wise words to come from the smart one and only, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home