Monday, September 19, 2005

Chris' new hobby

Hi all:
Can you beieve it? I have been together wth Chris for quite a while now
- over four *F O U R* years now - but I still discover new things on her
- as weird as this music hobby, this tennis thing on TV she is obsessed
with, these ongoing phone talks with Shadow, this constant occupation of
the computer when I need it...

A few days ago she has received quite a few boxes. I caught a sniff of
them, thinking they are all full of Hapoo treats - but <rrrrr> they just
smelled like stupid paper! Of course paper is stupid, it can't bark,
talk, move on its own or ask for food.

Chris argues this fact, because she thinks nothing on this earth that
claims to be alive is as patient as paper and contains as much knowledge
as all the paper in this world. I guess in order to understand Chris'
weird behaviour, you have to keep this attitude in mind.

She first looked through all the five boxes she got the books in them
all looked the same, but she picked one box, brought it into the living
room and took out one book. And then the marathon started:

Chris sat down, put the book beside her, tok out another braille writing
noisy monster machine, moved some small paper cards from the shelf to
the living room table and started reading and writing and reading and
writing.

From what I have spied out, she was doing some English reading and
writing. That again leaves me slightly confused. Doesn't she know
English so well that she can even joke and argue and swear and sing in
that language? She explains that speaking a language and teaching it are
two different matters, and she is preparing to teach.

O right, now you want to test your teaching abilities on fellow humans?
Poor folks, you don't know what you are putting yourselves through, she
can be pretty persistent when she wants me to understand something. But
on the htoer hand, if she brings her clicker and the yummy treats, you
wil gain a lot of weght, provided I let you share my treats, and
provided you like them <g> Two of the nephews have tried them. One only
liked the kibble, the dry stff, and the other even tred the moist ones.
Chris says they're silly ad it is disgustng to try the moist nes, but I
think they are smart and I should guard my treats and my bait bag well.
Cheers for now, Hapoo.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Hapoo:

I think Chris should try teaching you English first, since your you speak it with a German accent (your woofs have are more like voof!:P). Lick Chris for me!

The Shadow

4/10/05 07:24  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love reading blogs about dog training whistle cuz I always manage to learn something.

I run a website with great articles about dog training whistle and would love to have you pop over and check it out.

Cheers! 8^)

21/10/05 13:48  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a dog training site. It pretty much covers dog training related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

21/10/05 13:49  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here Christiane, searching for info on dog training videos I just stumbled across you. Although this post is not exactly what I am looking for it certainly got my interest. I see now why I found your blog looking for information on dog training videos and am glad I stopped by even though this is not a perfect match. Great blog I intend to bookmark you, thanks for the read.

17/11/05 16:12  

Post a Comment

<< Home