Monday, November 28, 2005

Eventful week part one

Hi all humans and woofers:
Did you miss me allright? Of course you did, otherwise you wouldn't have
this bit of entertainment on your monitors <grins> And because you've
missed me, I have so much to tell you.

Chris had slept on the couch in the living room for two nights, and I
could hear the suitcase being moved. And because she brought some of my
Hapoo food, I knew I was going with her, what a joy! One night she got
up way earlier than she usually does. She turned on music and later the
light, so I woke up. Then she prepared some coffee and packed a bit more
into the suitcase. And then she and I went upstairs to wake up mom. I
usually run into her bedroom and squeek at her in a rather quiet but
high pitch. She didn't move at first, but then Chris told me to try
again, and the mom woke up and said her good morning to me.

We then went downstairs, and after breakfast Chris got ready and then
put my signal jacket and the leash for work on me. Mom put the suitcase
and the other bag in the car, and then all the three of us went for a
really early morning walk. Chris said I had better do my business. And I
feel most relaxed when mom comes with us. I'm used to mom going along.
When she does, everything is as it should be, and I can relax and run
and play.

Mom took us to the train station. There were only a few people there,
and the train was already there. So mom came with us and found us a nice
place where all of us, including the suitcase had enough space. Then mom
said goodbye, and soon after the train started moving.

When we are on that train, we usually get off at a certain time. I know
when that is aproximately, so I started telling Chris when to get off or
at least start collecting our things. But she didn't even move. She just
told me to ie down and keep it calm. We stayed on that train forever,
until finally a nice man helped us get off. He even carried Chris'
suitcase down a flight of steps and then up another one. I thought we
had some time to play now, but instead it didn't take long until another
train arrived and the nice man helped us get on. Chris says he even gave
us a very comfortable seat.

When we had to get off that one, another nice man helped us outside. A
lady met us and the man told us to wait. Apparemtny Chris had forgotten
her purse, and she was really grateful when the man brought it. Still no
time to play, for I had to work. I took Chris straight from the platform
outside, although I had never been to that train station. And guess
what, she was real proud of me. I was, too, of course. Outside the lady
who had met us showed us to a bus. I got to sit between two rows of
seats, where it was nice and spacious. We drove quite a while, and then
finally, the lady showed Chris where I could run. There was a meadow,
and I jumped, rolled, played and left a present in the grass. On the way
back I ran up every set of stairs I found and tried to glance into
doors, which were closed, unfortunately. Finally I ran up the right
stairs and very patiently waited for Chris to arrive and put me on
leash. We went into a nice smelling and very warm dining room, where
Chris said hello to a few people. Then we had to wait a while until we
were shown to our room.

O man what a room! It was really large, had three beds, three chairs,
bedside tables, windows, even one balcony, one clauset and one bathroom.
Now here's my question: Why would one person need three beds and stil
not allow me on them? She slept in one half of a double bed and said if
Shadow was there he'd have gotten the other half - he wasn't there, so
why not me I wonder!!!

We didn't stay there for too long, not much time for me to take a nap.
We went downstairs into the dining room, where the tables were
re-arranged. More people had gathered, and we were two dogs - quite
unfortunately the other one is a female, too. All of a sudden Chris tied
my leash around the leg of the table, got up and started talking. She
walked around, talked to everybody and everybody listened to her. I soon
noticed that Chris was mainly speaking in English. Apparently the folks
there didn't know it, and they wanted Chris to help.

After human dinner we dog owners went for a woofer route. I don't know
what the others did, but Chris must've been tired. She took me upstairs
to our wonderful room, fed me, unpacked a few things and then
disappeared in the bathroom. I know that ritual of hers - once she's in
the bathroom, she won't come out for quite some time. She loves that
artificial rain thing she calls shower and she sometimes forces on me
<rrrrr> And then she went to bed and slept almost immediately.
Cheers, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home