Monday, October 31, 2005

The first major day

Hi all:
We left home on Saturday,and that in itself was an adventure. I usually
lie in the back of a car, or in the passenger row on the seats <yippee>
But this time sister's car was packed with things I cannot identify. I
mean there were wooden bars in it that Chris calls a bed disasembled,
but I don't believe her. How can a few longer or shorter bars make a
bed, tell me! Then there were three bags of Chris'. She says she took
some work with her, which includes her braille writer, that thing she
had already dug out for the English studying. And then a medium large
suitcase (not as large as the one she takes when she goes to see
Shadow), and the backpack. And then bottles of juice or other drinks.
Not for me, I canot open them anyway.

So this time I was travelling at Chris' feet. At first I did not wat to
lie down, because I thought it was scary, but then Chris got me to lie
down with a yummy treat. I thought she was going to drop it on the
floor, but she waited until I had settled at her feet, and then I got
it. We drove a while, and then finally we arrived. I loved arriving, for
that meant fresh air and stretching my legs. It's not very comfortable
to lie in somebody's quite narrow foot space, trust me!

But instead of a good run, I was put in my harness and had to propperly
guide Chris through a place I can't recall ever having been to. But she
seemed to know where to go. Chris says that was her old school, the
school where she had spent 14 years of her life. And she also tells me
that I have once been there with Shadow and Chris ad the nice gentleman
and lady who liked me a lot. But really, that must've been some time
ago. I did get to run on a patch of grass a bit, but Chris made me work
riht turns, bfore somebody called out for her. So we returned and met a
man she seemed to know, and a girl, she calls them her former English
teacher and her former class-mate. We sat in a class-room, and boy was I
tired!

People kept coming in and never leaving - they shook hands with Chris,
and of course, admired me. There was ne lady I remembered from the party
in summer. She squatted dwn and gave me nice pets. Pretty soon another
dog arrived. I wasn't quite sure of her. I liked her handler, though,
she petted and talked to me. And when I grumbled about the other dog,
she told me not to worry. Kelly's another guide dog with a harness like
mine.

When enough people had gathered, we started walking around in the
building. We started in a room that was Chris' room for people training
for a while. We walked into more rooms and the English teacher man
talked, and Chris translated for a man who only knew English. She says
she was proud of me, because I anounced steps and walked through doors
allright, and even managed to ignore Kelly a few times. We walked
upstairs and downstairs again and then outside We walked around the
school and into another dor. Chris and I went upstairs. She says she
wanted t find the room where she lived and slept for two years, but it
was no longer there. On the way I ran her into a support pole that was
located quite strangely. She just made me rework it and then we
continued.

Downstairs people were still looking at other rooms, but Chris decided
to let me run a bit while the Kelly dog was still inside. I ran a bit
and then we went inside again for a short while. And then the group
split up a little. Some folks went somewhere, and the English man and
his shadow girl decided to accompany Chris for a walk. And then she let
me off my leash and harness, and I ran up a flight of stairs just to
look what's up there. And then we went into a bit of a semi-forrest
area. The man broke off a few branches for me to chase and o that was
funfunfun! He and his lady had fun watching me jump like the silly girl
that I am, and I had fun chasing and jumping and playing and doing my
business.

After that burning off excess energy, we went into another building,
where Chris sat down to talk with a guy I hadn't noticed before. But she
got some water for me, and that was necessary. Then the Kelly dog came
back. And as we were standing across the corridor, she started talking
and talking. I only let out a few noises, but Kelly really talked. Chris
says that her handler is a wonderful dog person. I think Chris is the
best Hapoo person I could ever have. We weren't allowed into the sitting
room again, because ne f the folks sad she's allergic to woofer hair.
Wonder why that is, I thoughht my hair was gorgeous and fluffy.

Alyways, when everybody was back downstairs together, we started walking
out again, and quite a long route. Chris walked with the English man's
shadow lady. Chris says she was at her school for a year. And the shadow
lady and her English man love woofers like me. They talked about little
things Chris noticed had changed, like changing the surface of one
street. Honestly - as if that was something to mention! And the Shadow
lady told her about shops that were in the street. That's more important
- could've been a Hapoo store! She also said that Chris' English is good
- well yeah, Chris never told her that I can paw a keyboard in English!
And then there was this quiet guy with us, he really didn't talk much,
but Chris seemed to like him.

We arrived in a restaurant - the four of us first. When we entered one
area downstairs, I heard somebody calling Chris' name, and people
started applauding. I wnder why that was, because so far I have only
seen Chris applauding when some folks had done something she thought was
wonderful or outstanding or amazing or worth it in any other way. But
what's so wonderful or outstanding about us walking from one house to
another and down a few steps? She smiled and enjoyed it, allright,
whatever!

I am getting tired of talking about all my events in one day, so I think
I'll tell you the second part in another email. Goodnight, I'm going to
sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home