Sunday, November 06, 2005

Crazy shopping

Hi all:
Yesterday mom, Chris and I went shopping. O boy, it looked like all the
world was shopping at the same time. At first Chris held on to mom,
because she couldn't hear where mom was going, and often my view on mom
was blocked. We looked at various items, but then it was too narrow for
all three of us to pass, so I had to guide Chris all on my own. I
managed very well, I didn't run Chris into anybody, and thus managed to
impress her once more. And when they went for their routine coffee and
food break, mom left and Chris and I occupied a table. Then we had to
stand in a line for our food - I have never seen a line of hungry people
as long as this. After the break, even though I hadn't worked all that
much, I was still a little tired, so Chris left the harness in the
shopping cart.
Owever, on the way to the car we suddenly stopped, and Chris again
started talking to folks I had never seen. I soon found out that they
didn't know what my signal jacket was there for. And sure enough, there
was a little girl interested in me. Of course I let her pet me, and I
was a good girl. Chris even put me in the harness and let the girl close
the belly strap. And then she showed how she usually holds on to my
handle. I expected her to say the forward command, but she didn't. She
later explained that the little one was only five years old, and I
would've pulled her off her feet with my strong pull. So the girl opened
the belly strap without me moving, and Chris took the harness off again.
And then I got to shake paw in hand with the girl, which she seemed to
like. I, too, I have to admit, I love little kids that just want to pet!

Today Chris is just working again, working working working! Allright,
I'll sleep and wait till she gives me a good treat - or maybe the treat
ball or the kong? We also had two get and give units. In the morning I
again had to give her the right object out of signal jacket, leash and
collar, and just now on our afternoon walk I finally figured out that
Chris wanted me to give her back my rope quicker than usual, so she
could throw it earlier. And that's cool for sure. But once I had gotten
that, I no longer wanted to play tug. So it's either tug and hold on to
the rope forever, or give fast and only play fetch, you choose, old
girl! But then for a nice run we went into the field and Chris threw
stones for me - that's a lot of fun.
Cheers, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home