Saturday, November 19, 2005

Guess who has a new toy!!!

Hi all:
Hapoo's got a new toy <jump-woofwoof>
Today we went with the cousin and her car to a place I had never been to
before. There were two ladies, and they put a box of stuff in front of
us after they had checked a few papers Chris had given them. She just
took out something and they said it was okay. Mom closed it and then one
of them left. The other said I was so nice - I lay where Chris put me
quiet and still like my angel self. Then the lady told Chris about her
golden retriever lady, who doesn't want to go through the balcony door
when it's only opened a tiny bit. And then Chris showed her the nice
clicker thingie. Then the other lady came back and told Chris she didn't
need to pay any extra money. I didn't know she had to pay even for
things that come in a package! She said we went to the costumers office
or something like that - whatever! And because she was so happy about
that news, Chris made me give a thanks bark.She says the ladies did that
because I am Chris' guide dog. Cool if you're one, I love my job!

Then we went to another store, where mom bought many boxes of tials -
how boring - and another where Chris bought children's toys, she says
for the folks who want to stdy English with her next week. Then we went
to yet another store, where mom bought a jacket and Chris bought herself
some sweets for the journey. I don't know anything about a journey, the
suitcase hasn't been moved in thebedroom yet.

Back home we went for the Hapoo walk and then came back. Chris got
another package box from mom with cow ears for me inside and something
else. But mom said that something else was for the tiny dog of my
sister's - allright whatever, as long as the edibles are for me. Then
she opened the big box from the ladies' costumer office. Nothing in
there smelled interesting, and she brought only one item into the living
room. She built it up finally, but it still didn't smell interesting.
Then she took it into the basement and took out some of my food. When
Chris brought in that item, it was just a globe sitting on a globe
holder, and all smelled like food. I tried to roll the globe around -
yes I can knock it over with one hit of my paw - but no treats appeared.
The knock over trick works with my treat ball and my buster cube, but
not with this magical toy. I sniffed all around, but still no food. Then
Chris had me sit and give her a paw. Like with my squeeky ball, I hit on
the top of the toy. My squeeky ball squeaks when I do that, but this toy
didn't show any reaction. I hit hard and hit everywhere, and o joy, some
food started rolling out. Trouble is I didn't know where and how that
happened. After a while Chris sat me down in front of this delicious toy
and made me give her a paw, holding her hand under a kind of bar. I
lifted my paw high but didn't want to touch that bar. So Chris put my
paw on it, and somehow I managed to press it down <rattle> yippee, food!
I still continued to hit the roof of the globe violently before making
my paw slide down on that precious bar. So Chris did something strange -
she put her head on the globe. Now I won't hit her head with my paws, so
I had to try hard to target the bar itself. Looks a bit like a
doorhandle, I'm sre grandpa Dicker would've loved pressing that bar
down. He just never was a good food eater, so I might have managed to
get all the treats and let him do the work <grins>
I think this new toy of mine is wonderful. I will continue staring at
it, and running after Chris when she fills it up so I can hit and play.
Cheers, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home