Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Here's part two

Alright, I have finished sleeping, so here's the second part of my day
and what followed the next morning.

After the Shadow lady and her English man had taken Chris' bag somewhere
so nobody would steel it, Chris found a seat. At first she tried to
squeeze me under her chair, but I really didn't want to lie there. I
mean there was so much going on, I wanted to be able to either sleep or
take a good look around. Beside Chris' chair there was a bench that I
could lie under very comfortably. Only one of her former class-mates had
to climb over me to sit on that bench. And then after another little
while the money man came and sat beside Chris on another chair. They
first had drinks and then slowly one by one got food to eat. But of
course, I was to sleep under my bench and didn't receive a bite. As the
evening progressed, people at our table changed. The lovely lady came
and sat by us, and there were other people. They sat and talked with
Chris and the others, and some of them even gave me pets and talked to
me. Chris had other people hold my leash twice. Once everybody had
gathered around one spot to stare and smile into various cameras. The
space was too narrow for me to stand, so a lady took my leash. And then
the money man at our table got to hold the leash while Chris and another
lady went to the human busy rooms they call bathrooms. And after another
round of talks and pets Chris, the lovely lady and I left, after the
other lady had found Chris' bag and my harness. We walked a little way
and then found a taxi where I could sit in the back. And then when we
were at the lovely lady's house, we saw another little yappy dog. Her
owner says she doesn't like larger woofers like me, because she got
pinched in the nose by them twice. So we went into the house, put down
the bags and harness, and then went for a short night walk. And when the
lovely lady and Chris sat in the living room to have another drink, I
lay down and took a first nap. O boy, I was really tired, although I
didn't have to work much.

I was allowed to sleep in Chris' room - of course not on the bed, but on
the floor beside the bed, which was certainly funfunfun. N the morning
the two girls had breakfast - I mean I know that Chris can spend a long
time in the kitchen with Shadow or mom for breakfast, but this one was a
ritual or something of that. They had rolls and juice and coffee and
eggs... And when I thought they were finished, the lovely lady took
grapes, washed them and put them on the table for Chris and her to eat.
Only then was I taken out for my morning walk on the flexible leash.

That was a nice long walk, I have to admit, on a route I had never been
before. And I enjoyed all the lovely smells of the ground, the grass and
te flowers and bushes. We even walked to a kind of water. I think there
were birds there, but I wasn't allowed to chase them. I also saw a cat,
but Chris' grip on the leash was tight and I couldn't even launch a
really hard pull.

We came back in and just decided to take another rest, when the doorbell
rang. As soon as Chris got up from her chair, I dashed to the door like
an arrow and displayed my loud barking abilities. And when the door
opened - o how happy I was to see the sister! I howled and squeaked and
wined for her welcome, but Chris didn't apreciate that at all.

The sister came in and they sat down again. And then when they got up
and Chris got dressed, we stood on the stairs, got the camera staring
time and another talk. And then I was allowed in the back of the
sister's car.

And when we arrived - o joy - I saw my buddy the sister's dog. Chris let
me jump out of the car off leash, and I ran to see if the other dog
wanted to play with me. He did, and Chris even threw a ball for us. And
the nephew took her to the house and gave her a big hug. I think Shadow
doesn't mind that one, because Chris and the nephew like each other, but
not the way she and Shadow do.

The rest of the day was spent quietly. When I was let inside, I first
found something to smell that the sister's husband didn't want Then I
found a bucket that smelled lke meat, but wasn't supposed to stick my
nose in there. Then I saw the staircase where Chris usually has her
room, but was called downstairs. Chris said we wouldn't be sleeping
there this time, so she put my blanket down in the corridor, and went to
have coffee herself. We did go outside many times to play with the
sister's dog, and that was funfunfun, but apart from that we really took
it easy.
Cheers, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home