Friday, November 04, 2005

The final part

Hi all:
This is the final part of our action week, but equally exciting, I
promise! As I had said in my previous post, we did get visitors. Mom
arrived, and I sang in order to apropriately welcome her. And mom was
equally happy to see me. The weather was really nice, so me and my buddy
stayed outside. Soon Chris came with the little girl that arrived, too.
She liked me more than my buddy, because I am calmer. Ad that day Chris
fed me much earlier than usual, which meant another journey. I know that
routine.

The next very early morning Chris let me out to run with my buddy and do
my big business. During that time she got ready and came back out with a
really tiny bag of things she wanted to take. That didn't include my
harness. That is strange - no harness! But soon, when the sister's
husband started to pack the car, Chris called me inside, because a lot
of realy really yummy smelling food was brought outside, and I think I
would have gotten into big trouble.
I was relieved when I found out that I was put into my signal jacket,
and the short leash came, to. Chris says that in the car she and I got
the best possible place - she sat in the front seat by the sister's
husband, and I lay in the foot space once again. We were seven humans,
one dog and loads of food and just a few tiny cases filled with stuff
for the humans to wear. After a bit of driving we arrived at a place,
and already people came to greet us. And a cat was tere, too! Chris made
sure I stayed with her, that's for sure. And there were also kids who
wanted to pet me - yippee, pets!

Then we went into the church place. They all look alike - long benches
with smal aisles, typical smell, one person talks and talks, and there's
this instrument that sounds from above our heads. And sometimes Chris
and all others will get up and say things, or just stad and listen or
sing. When she stands up I have trouble staying down, because I always
think it's time to leave the place. But Chris says I was pretty good
this time. Only this time there were two children, and the front lady
sprinkled water on them - silly girl - and that's what Chris calls
ceremony <tsss> I think I'l go out in the rain for a ceremony! We sat
beside the sister's husband, who took us outside, too.

Almost all of us gathered around the car then. Only mom walked the way
we rode. We arrived at a place Chris calls castle. Sister and Chris and
I explored the interior - we walked through all the rooms, Chris loked
at the fire place and at doors. And when we came out into the main
corridor, there was a man who told Chris some things about the
staircase, so we had to walk up these round narrow steps with a handrail
only on the left. Chris took my leash into her right and had me walk on
the left side, while she held on to the rail with her left hand. And I
was a good girl, I didn't pull! And on the way down I had to be equally
careful. I was walking n the narrower side, but Chris had to walk slow,
and I was not to pull hard, and I managed well after one try.

Then the man and we went outside where the sister's husband joined. We
walked out into the garden of the castle, where Chris let me run off
leash, ad I could finally do my business. And then we were called in for
lunch, myself hiding under the table.

After lunch we walked upstars to the rooms and Chris occupied a bed for
her. I could sleep in the space between the wall and the bed - how nice!
Back down and outside, the nice man wanted to take me for a walk while
Chris wanted to help unload the car. But I didn't want to go with him, I
wanted to stay with Chris. He let me, and Chris didn't need to help
unload anyway. Instead the nice sister showed her some landmarks in the
house, so she could find her way on her own, and with my help, that's
understood. Because I leash guided her like a pro, she says! I like
routes, I like patterning work, and I love showing off! I found our room
without a problem, and all the doors she usually walked through!

We spent the afternoon outside - first going for a nice long offleash
walk up a hill and through a field with mom, and then talking at the
outside wall of the castle area. Then the other sister came, the one I
usually bark at very loudly. But I found she isn't al that bad, and even
greeted her.
Sister said I would not manage to jump this wall, but I did manage,
haha! First sister and Chris stole some coffee, after the husbad had
given a hint, and then t was cake and coffee time anyway. Then we walked
upstairs to the room for my water bowl, and there was this girl who made
it her task to watch me drink water. I like her, she always gave me a
pet when she passed. And the cousin's little daughter, too - I like
them!

At night Chris wanted to et me run off leash, but there was a cat I
wanted to chase, so that was over. I also had to stay with the bark
sister for a while, because Chris and sister and another lady I really
hadn't sdeen before, wanted to go somewhere. The kids had fun telling me
to sit and stuff, but I was happy when Chris was back. Then we had
supper, and more of the food that was brought by car was eaten, and
people talked and talked.

Chris says she went to bed eary and made sure the kids in the room
slept, too. The morning was much calmer than the night, and pretty soon
all the seven of us went back to the sister's house agan. There I was
given some run time with my buddy again, while Chris packed the big bag
and the small, and we went real home to mom's and Chris' house with a
car wth only mom, the cousin, her daughter, Chris and I.
O boy was I happy to be back home - I went for a major run with mom and
Chris, and then it was sleep time! I love my new blanket, it's already
in my Hapoo house, and it's nice and warm and sft <woofwoofwoof>
Cheers, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home