Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Busy day

Hi all:
Last night Chris fed me early, but I didn't know why. No suitcase out,
nothing So this morning we went for the Hapoo walk earlier than usual,
and then we ran to catch the morning train to the city. Chris was quite
strict with me today. We walked long distances on our own. Mom didn't
walk ahead for me to read her body cues. I've become good at that. So I
really had to do all the work. We first went to the vet's office. I
safely walked Chris past flower pots and people, up the stairs and into
the office. The vet says Chris is strong, because she can lift me up
high on the examining table.

I don't like that table. Up there the vet looks into my eyes, ears,
mouth, hears me breething and vaccinates me. I don't mind injections,
but I hate it when she scratches my teeth and stares into my eyes.
Apart from my likes and dislikes the vet said I am okay. She just
scratched on one of my teeth, that was all. Then Chris picked me up and
put me down on the floor. I immediately ran to mom for pets - mom is the
pet master - mom means no work, but cuddles.

Then they let me run through the park a little, and then it was back in
harness. We walked along a busy street with streets crossing. I ran over
one of them and walked over one curb. Naturally, Chris let me rework the
street and stumbled up the curb. That's enough to scare me, so I return
willingly and do better. From then on I never overran a curb, and Chris
was overall satisfied with my work.

Then, however, we arrived in the busy part of the city. Chris only took
me on leash. It was crazy, I couldn't possibly have found my way, and
Chris wouldn't have known her way either. So mom navigated and we
followed. Chris bought a lot of things. In one store a lady greeted us,
and Chris put me in a down stay before she disappeared behind one of the
familiar curtains th re-appear wearing different clothes. She took her
seat outside for mom to sit on, right beside me. Mom told people they
could pet me, but Chris said they could only pet me after mom had
removed the harness. So mom did that, and I received many pets - yippee,
pets! Then I lay down and got slightly bored while waiting for Chris.
She ended up walking out with a few new clothes both she and mom were
happy about. And they also liked the service they got, they said.
Then it was a bit more walking and one more store, and then back home.
And at home after Chris had slept a little, we got a Hapoo package.
Qute unfortunately, that Hapo package only contained food for me for
later, so it disappeared in the basement. Then there was something else
that was not edible. Chris says it's to prevent the car from bgetting
too dirty from my paws - as if I was dirty! Mud is only natural! And
besides, I didn't order the rain, Chris, you must've done that!
Chris is sleeping in the living room. She says the bed is no longer for
sleeping, but for putting thngs on it to pack in a suitcase. O suitcase
- means I'm not going with her, because she has not packed any Hapoo
food <howl>
But allright, Chris'll keep you updated! And until I am back home I will
try to remain in your memory by generously offering licks, woofs, jumps
and paws, Yours, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home