Sunday, December 04, 2005

The final part

Hi all:
I think I still owe you part three of our week.

When our course ended, Chris and I went by train for only two hours,
only to be greeted by mom and the sister. I was a nice girl, I didn't
jump or squeek at all. And when we arrived, Chris let me run and play
with the sister's dog, my buddy. That was fun, and in the yard there was
even snow to roll and toss and turn in <yippee>

Inside the house things were slightly more boring. Mom ran nback and
forth between the kitchen where I had slept the last time, and the
kitchen where sister and Chris were working on something. Mom carried
trays full of yummy sweet stuff from one room to another, sometimes they
were cold, sometimes hot. I never got to ty any of the biscuits - I
guess they weren't dog biscuits after all. They seemed to be baking
forever and more, it was amazing!

The next day continued much like this - mom and Chris working with the
biscuits. And then Chris was supposed to teach the nephew some English,
but he wasn't at all fond of that idea. Chris says it's normal and she
wasn't concerned.

In the afternoon I got a change from the yard and kitchen watching - we
went out into a mall that was crazy with people. Even though Chris had
me in harness, it was impossible for me to follow mom or the sister. So
she just took me on leash and let the harness handle rest on my back.
Really, folks were running everywhere, even the humans had a hard time
navigating. O for once I was so so happy when I was allowed to go back
outside. But I smelled something - I must have earned myself a huge bag
of treat treats. I only get these when I have done something well, so I
really love them!

The day after that we went back home home with mom and her car. I had to
stay at Chris' feet again, but she says I am getting a good routine at
that. But I was sure happy when I could get off and go for the Hapoo
walk on my beloved field route with all the familiar smells. There are
even cows back in the meadow that I can stare at.
That brings back memories of Grandpa, mom's pet dog, who never comes
back anymore. With him, I'd sometimes herd the cows in one corner, and
that was such fun! But without him I don't dare, and after all, he was
the major herder, not I! Woofwoof, I want my Grandpa back so badly
sometimes!
Cheers, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home