Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Huge huge Hapoo brag

Hi woofers and poofers:
Of course, when I brag, I brag about myself, and I have a million good
reasons for that. I thought that today I did a fantastic job guiding
Chris.

The excitement started in the morning when we went for the Hapoo walk.
Chris decided to take me along the field route instead the street, which
I liked a lot. I saw the neighbour's dog, the one that always barks
behind his fence when we cross the street. I don't like him much,
because he always growls at me. Chris made me sit and stood between the
two of us. She was happy the man master was with him, because she says
he is best in controll of the growl monster. He started the growls, and
I joined, but he had already passed us. She said that I was a good girl
for my standards, and that I had good intentions. Of course, I first
want to play with every dog I see - I lay down, but that one never wants
to play.

We returned, and to my surprise I got morning food - potato and carot
mash, Chris says it is good to clean my digestive system - whatever, as
long as it's food!
And then mom whistled from upstairs while Chris was playing on her
computer. O I love that particular whistle, because it means that I must
get Chris off her computer. I sit by her, sing her a tiny Hapoo song and
then nudge her hand with my nose, so that it is impossible for her to
type things that make sense. So she is always quick in shutting down the
computer. And then she gets up and does one of two things: Either put on
her jacket and take me out somewhere, or go upstairs.

This time we went out and into the car. We stopped in the car parking
house and walked along the street. Chris says I did a good job even
obeying her commands, clearing her of people, signs and huge umbrella
things. At the bank I wanted to take her to the machines where she
always puts in her card and gets money in return. But she told me to
find the escalator. She was proud, for I found her the one that goes up.

Mom showed us where the lady was. That was a fun place, because I could
see her sitting frum under the table. So I tried to walk under the table
to greet the woman and receive pets. Chris didn't let me, as always, but
she made me sit and then lie down at her feet, while she, mom and the
woman talked. This time Chris must have gotten the money from the woman.

We returned, and I took Chris to the same escalator. She directed me to
the right, because she says that one goes down. We reworked the
situation, and this time I did well and received a click and treat for
the job. Mom told us that a man was watching with fascination, because
he couldn't believe we'd manage. Of course we managed, because Chris is
smart, and because I want to get the click and the treat. We very
confidently walked towards the door. And whenever we do, somebody opens
it for us, how cool!

On the way back to the car parking thing we passed the bakery, which I
wanted Chris to go into. She always does, but not this time. So I had to
make up for it by taking her through narrow walkways between chairs and
past umbrellas. My next attempt was to take her into where we always go
for lunch, both with mom and with Shadow. But again she told me to find
the way out. Down the stairs and over to our right. I hate working on
the right side, so I had to cross the street to make the correct turn.
But then I did a good job showing curbs and stairs. I could tell Chris
was really proud of me.

Well the day wasn't over yet, because we went for a major shopping tour
at the usual grocery store. I tried to sniff a man but got corrected for
that. I tried to sniff out the Hapoo gooddies in the cart, but got
corrected.

But when we were home, I got something really yummy - I got a few
chicken necks - and they weren't dried - they were fresh and super
delicious.
And then I slept lik there was no tomorrow. Don't know how Chris spent
her time, because from then on it got boring.
I think I'll sleep some more until we go for the evening walk, and then
I'll sleep some more until I have dinner.
Goodnight and happy snoars, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home