Thursday, November 15, 2007

The busy time begins

Update from Sunday, October 14, 2007
Hi all:
Yesterday we really had a tough time, me and my furriness. It actually
started on Friday, to be precise. Chris and I were picked up by mom, and
we were joined by the master of pets at work, Eric. When we arrived, we
went for a wonderful Hapoo walk, and Chris even got Eric to play call
with us. It was not as fun as with mom, but it was something to get my
paws moving, and I surely let out a good amount of play barks and jumps,
much to Eric's amusement. Back home the two-footers brought out a few
heavy packages and carried them outside. Eric always lead the way, and
Chris always laughed right on the stairs, because he either sang or told
jokes. My task of standing in their way was put to an end with Chris'
order of staying inside the house. After the packages it was my house's
turn to be put outside. Chris disassembled it, and both she and Eric
carried a part each. So the house had to sleep outside in the cold, and
I had to sleep on the carpet inside. I didn't greatly mid that, but the
stress was not over yet.

The humans had pizza at a time I could hardly remember I had had food,
but we went for a walk in harness at night to the pub. After the pizza
they decided to take another adventurous action, which was to clear the
huge shelf and take it down. I didn't get it, why now the shelf? After
that we went for another walk, and then it was bed time.

Chris did not sleep for too long, and when she woke up, she played
e-mails, packed away her computer carefully, and then went upstairs to
mom's kitchen, where she prepared coffee. I cannot remember whether I
woke up mom or not, but I know that being with her is always fun and
nice. When Chris and I were downstairs, I heard some noixe from
upstairs, where Eric was still finishing his coffee. Upstairs I saw two
people I hadn't really taken note of, but Chris says they are folks
from work. Andthen the cousin's husband joined us, too. They were going
to walk around the apartment, when Theresa came and took me for the
morning walk. I don't know why Chris was in such stress that she could
not have done so, but I knew something was going on. So I did what I was
supposed to very quickly, and then dragged Theresa back home in order
not to miss a thing. Chris was still there, but then I saw Petra, the
lovely lady from work. Chris gave her some of my food, the flexible
leash and harness and all, and then Petra made me leave with her. We
went by car quite a distance, and at her home I saw another dog, a small
barker who kept jumping all around me. But I was a good girl and just
ignored her. However, when I saw the cat that did not even think of
running and hiding from me, I decided to take my chance and grabbed him
in order to shake a good lesson into his cat brain. Petra was quicker
than my thoughts and pulled me back right away. How bad, all humans are
fn spoilers!

Allright, after a while we got back into the car, and when we got off I
immediately recognized that we were at work. I was sure to find Chris
somewhere there. We first went into the training room, no Chris, only
the water bowl. Then into the huge office area. I took the initiative
and thought I could find Chris at our office place, no Chris. Not even
at the coffee place! So I gave up and in and settled beside Petra near
the window. Of course, I got loads of pets that day, because I was not
in harness. Petra fed me at the usual time and also gave me water. When
she was finished working, she took me for a walk and then again by car.
We arrived at the place with the empty rooms I so dislike. I slowly
walked up the stairs and found Chris waiting for us quietly. I equally
quietly licked her hand and walked in. There was no sign of emptiness in
these rooms anymore, they had taken the structure of an apartment. Petra
came in and updated Chris on our day, and I found Eric, the cousin and
mom there, too. Chris gave me a treat after a while and on cousin's
request, and Petra and mom left pretty soon. Cousin petted me a lot, but
I only relaxed when Chris got down on the floor and made me lie down
easily. She then took me to my Hapoo house, which was set up in the room
with the big shelf they had collapsed the previous day. I don't know why
they had to, when it was standing upright and massive again here. Eric
slept in the livingroom with the couch and table and TV, and cousin and
Chris slept in the bedroom. They slept forever, but once they were awake
they took me for a walk first thing in the morning sun. I have not
solved the mystery of the men yet, I don't know who took them to the
house and for what. I just know that all of our things were in these
empty rooms now, even my house and Chris' bed. And on the balcony she
stores my Hapoo food.

So today we first went for the long Hapoo walk, and then they had
breakfast and cleaned and unpacked some more. Eric dusted each CD and
put it into the CD shelf, and don't ask me what Chris did. In the
afternoon, just as she had locked herself up in the bathroom, mom
arrived with the sister and her husband, but the nephew had not come. It
is always so so so so wonderful to see mom, I have to admit! And I have
decided that this is all new here, and I want to go home! They continued
setting up and cleaning dishes and what not, and sister showed Eric how
to set up a kitchen cabinet. Chris says she has done that quite a few
times already, and Eric should do a good job. Of course he did, sister
was watching over him.
Allright, I think it is time to get back into my house, for everybody
has left, with the exception of Chris and Eric, of course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home